Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

Up. The. Road.

Figured you guys would get all MLS games screened every match day on your cable channels. Thought you might have seen Vancouver vs your team (if you have a team).
I honestly don't have a team. Closest is DC and I was starting to watch them a bit with Rooney, but for the most part I don't care for the Washington teams so it didn't last.

You can watch all the games but even then it is tough to learn much without serious commitment.

Dinamo Zagreb coach confirms Olmo is on his way to RBL:

The Dinamo Zagreb coach has confirmed the transfer of midfield talent Dani Olmo to Bundesliga club RB Leipzig. “He chose Leipzig from all the offers. I think he will develop best there, ”former Bundesliga professional Nenad Bjelica told several Croatian media on Thursday.

Olmo left the Zagreb training camp in Rovinj on Thursday morning. The Spanish Under-21 international traveled to Leipzig via the Croatian capital.

Olmo had previously tried to say goodbye to his teammates in a few words. "But he didn't succeed. It was very emotional of him, ”said Bjelica.

Dinamo Zagreb coach confirms Olmo is on his way to RBL:

The Dinamo Zagreb coach has confirmed the transfer of midfield talent Dani Olmo to Bundesliga club RB Leipzig. “He chose Leipzig from all the offers. I think he will develop best there, ”former Bundesliga professional Nenad Bjelica told several Croatian media on Thursday.

Olmo left the Zagreb training camp in Rovinj on Thursday morning. The Spanish Under-21 international traveled to Leipzig via the Croatian capital.

Olmo had previously tried to say goodbye to his teammates in a few words. "But he didn't succeed. It was very emotional of him, ”said Bjelica.
So that Lookman WILL get opportunities thing is dead now right?

Shame. He should go to the Dutch League or something and just get his confidence back running around the auto mechanics and librarians for a season. Then try again.

Read Nagelsmann’s quotes I posted earlier. I think 2 of 3 of the players I quoted will leave on loan.
Everyone likes saying that but reality is Nagelsmann himself would immediately leave and look for a new job if circumstances prevented him from doing it where he was any longer. Players have a limited shelf life and even more limited period for development. I have no problem with anyone saying no to sitting on the bench when other options remain available. I hope Wolf, Cunha and Lookman all get out of there and find more consistent minutes.

Everyone likes saying that but reality is Nagelsmann himself would immediately leave and look for a new job if circumstances prevented him from doing it where he was any longer. Players have a limited shelf life and even more limited period for development. I have no problem with anyone saying no to sitting on the bench when other options remain available. I hope Wolf, Cunha and Lookman all get out of there and find more consistent minutes.

Nah you’re just being weird now. How on Earth is it even comparable to being a manager? When would that situation even happen for a manager? Kit man starts picking the team?

What he said was bang on and that goes for them players and players at any club. If Lookman moves he’ll be at his 4th club at 22-years old. He needs to knuckle down and force himself into the managers thinking. If he can’t? Then he should move as he’s not good enough to play for Leipzig.

Nah you’re just being weird now. How on Earth is it even comparable to being a manager? When would that situation even happen for a manager? Kit man starts picking the team?

What he said was bang on and that goes for them players and players at any club. If Lookman moves he’ll be at his 4th club at 22-years old. He needs to knuckle down and force himself into the managers thinking. If he can’t? Then he should move as he’s not good enough to play for Leipzig.
It's not really plausible but if for whatever reason Red Bull pulled back on funding and made them sell guys off would Nagelsmann stick it out? All I'm saying is it is a lot easier to sit there and tell someone to tough it out when you aren't the one who has to tough it out.

Who cares how many clubs he plays for? Guys have had great careers never staying somewhere more than two years. And he probably isn't good enough for RBL so why should he wait 6 more months to be completely sure?

It's not really plausible but if for whatever reason Red Bull pulled back on funding and made them sell guys off would Nagelsmann stick it out? All I'm saying is it is a lot easier to sit there and tell someone to tough it out when you aren't the one who has to tough it out.

Who cares how many clubs he plays for? Guys have had great careers never staying somewhere more than two years. And he probably isn't good enough for RBL so why should he wait 6 more months to be completely sure?

You know how I know you're being ridiculous about this? You haven't once suggested Kean leaves Everton for more minutes when he's in the same situation as Lookman is (barring the last couple of weeks due to injuries).

You know how I know you're being ridiculous about this? You haven't once suggested Kean leaves Everton for more minutes when he's in the same situation as Lookman is (barring the last couple of weeks due to injuries).
Kean has already played more minutes this season than Lookman did in any one season here. And he's played more minutes this season than Lookman by 4 times. Also Kean is 3rd in the order of a team playing two strikers that also isn't that good. Lookman is somewhere around 5th on a team that is awesome.

I haven't compared them because they aren't comparable currently.

Kean has already played more minutes this season than Lookman did in any one season here. And he's played more minutes this season than Lookman by 4 times. Also Kean is 3rd in the order of a team playing two strikers that also isn't that good. Lookman is somewhere around 5th on a team that is awesome.

I haven't compared them because they aren't comparable currently.

Up till Christmas Kean has barely played for Everton as easily seen here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/moise-kean/leistungsdaten/spieler/364135

I never once heard you even suggest anything like this: "I hope Wolf, Cunha and Lookman all get out of there and find more consistent minutes."

I did say this...

It's not the fans ruining these players. It is the managers who refuse to trust them and play them. Our attack could be Kean up top with Iwobi, Vlasic and Richarlison behind him and Lookman as an option and instead we have Sigurdsson, Bernard and DCL playing almost all of the minutes. If we are going to ever move forward we need to develop talent and not throw it away.
And this...

We're heading down the same road here that we went down with Vlasic and Lookman. It has to stop. These types of signings should be the kind we thrive on.
And also some questionable shouts about him needing to stop being benched for Dom. But regardless I just hadn't got to the point where I thought he should look elsewhere. If he still wasn't playing right now that probably would have changed.

Seems RBL have decided against signing Lazaro in the end and he's set for a move to Newcastle. With that dropping off and possibly Kouassi it's a bit strange only Olmo seems to be happening in an already stocked position. Interesting to see what links will pop up over the next two weeks to defensive players.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back