Recipes, kitchen tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
appreciate this is a for food discussions. But does anyone have an air fryer? Am looking at one although due to space am looking at a 3 in 1 from Sage. So I can ditch my microwave too. Any help appreciated.

Imo fills in well for a small oven. Cooks well for one or two people but it‘s not like a deep fryer.

Takes up a bit of counter spacer but ours gets quite a bit of use.

Imo fills in well for a small oven. Cooks well for one or two people but it‘s not like a deep fryer.

I got a Ninja Foodi 9in1. Bought it for the Caravan as it'll save on using bottled gas. However, its fantastic at home too! I've slow Cooked Stews, air fried chips and saute potatoes, roasted a whole chicken even dehydrated some beetroot and parsnips for a heathy alternative to crisps.

100% recommend one but they are quite tall so measure you kitchen cupboard for storage before committing. Remember though that your current Slow Cooker, Deep Fat Fryer, Rice Cooker, George Foreman Grill etc can all go as this one device replaces them.

I got a Ninja Foodi 9in1. Bought it for the Caravan as it'll save on using bottled gas. However, its fantastic at home too! I've slow Cooked Stews, air fried chips and saute potatoes, roasted a whole chicken even dehydrated some beetroot and parsnips for a heathy alternative to crisps.

100% recommend one but they are quite tall so measure you kitchen cupboard for storage before committing. Remember though that your current Slow Cooker, Deep Fat Fryer, Rice Cooker, George Foreman Grill etc can all go as this one device replaces them.

Agreed they’re very versatile but nothing like a deep fat fryer, imo.

I‘ve got a pressure cooker/slow cooker hybrid that I use a lot as well.

If @Pazza is cooking for 2/3 or 4 people max then an air fryer is great.

S
Yummy! What sort of marmalade?
Seville orange marmalade - I use Delia Smith's recipe but I vary it a little. I got eight and a half jars, with the same quantity of oranges in the freezer, so that's my marmalade for the coming year. :)

My missus bought one last year which is just sitting there taking up space at the moment. I'm plucking up the courage to use it but I'm a dinosaur and learning new technology is not really my bag. People tell me they're great though so I really should bite the bullet and give it a go.

My missus bought one last year which is just sitting there taking up space at the moment. I'm plucking up the courage to use it but I'm a dinosaur and learning new technology is not really my bag. People tell me they're great though so I really should bite the bullet and give it a go.

Better than putting on the ‘big oven‘ for heating up a couple of bake at home rolls or doing a couple of hash browns for dinner.

Normally just the same settings as a normal oven, set the temp, set the time and you’re done, mine has loads of presets but I never use them.

Bite the bullet Fred, it’s a game changer.

S

Seville orange marmalade - I use Delia Smith's recipe but I vary it a little. I got eight and a half jars, with the same quantity of oranges in the freezer, so that's my marmalade for the coming year. :)

Nice, I have never made marmalade but I may give it a try this year. Do you know of a good recipe for strawberries or berries?

Cleaned up the fridge and wound up enjoying some criminis I forgot about breaded in some fresh bread crumbs fried up and served with a mustard/caper/sour cream sort of dip. Tasty fridge cleanup and went well with the first proper football I've seen since I can remember.

Fried shrooms smell like victory.

Next, be irresistible. Limited time only.

Didn't have any leeks, and omitted the mint, so used celery, onion and carrots. Had some stock left after cooking a gammon, also put some of the gammon in the soup. All in all very tasty - and cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back