Recipes, kitchen tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yummy these look delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe amigo. Xx

I have been wanting to make meatballs so I'm going to give this a try. Did you have yours with rice or bread?
I used basmati rice but the picture is not mine it was from the recipe book .You must taste as I found the original a bit mild so added some more ginger and chillies ,I also served it with mango chutney .and grated coconut but not a lot .

I used basmati rice but the picture is not mine it was from the recipe book .You must taste as I found the original a bit mild so added some more ginger and chillies ,I also served it with mango chutney .and grated coconut but not a lot .
I'm sure yours looks as great as the photo from the recipe book. I love ginger and chillies so that's good to know. The mango chutney and grated coconut additions sound super yummy too.

Made this with tweaks. Binned the nuts and potatoes, used dried peas soaked overnight, cooked it with ham stock, added some chopped gammon, cheap and delicious. I didn't blend it as I don't particularly like blended soup.

Here's a braised steak recipe I sort of made up as I went along but is quite possibly the tastiest dish i have ever made. I used 400g of braising steak which is enough for 2 meals.

400g Braising steak
1 large onion sliced
100g button mushrooms sliced thinly
2 tomatoes segmented and diced
400ml of beef stock.
1tbs of tomato puree
1 tbs bovril
1 tsp mixed dry herbs
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp English mustard powder
vegetable oil

In a large frying pan brown off the meat and transfer to a pre heated casserole dish
In same pan fry the onion until soft adding the mushrooms near the end. Tranafer to casserole dish.
Add the tomatoes, bovril, tomato puree, herbs, seasoning and beef stock and give a good stir.
Cook covered in oven at 160 C for around 90 minutes
Mix together the cornflour and mustard with some water. Add to the dish and cook uncovered at 200 C for a further 30 minutes. By this stage the steak should be soft and the gravy nice and thick.

Serve with either mashed potato, chips or crusty rolls. @Armaghtoffee I think you asked to be tagged in to this.

Here's a braised steak recipe I sort of made up as I went along but is quite possibly the tastiest dish i have ever made. I used 400g of braising steak which is enough for 2 meals.

400g Braising steak
1 large onion sliced
100g button mushrooms sliced thinly
2 tomatoes segmented and diced
400ml of beef stock.
1tbs of tomato puree
1 tbs bovril
1 tsp mixed dry herbs
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp English mustard powder
vegetable oil

In a large frying pan brown off the meat and transfer to a pre heated casserole dish
In same pan fry the onion until soft adding the mushrooms near the end. Tranafer to casserole dish.
Add the tomatoes, bovril, tomato puree, herbs, seasoning and beef stock and give a good stir.
Cook covered in oven at 160 C for around 90 minutes
Mix together the cornflour and mustard with some water. Add to the dish and cook uncovered at 200 C for a further 30 minutes. By this stage the steak should be soft and the gravy nice and thick.

Serve with either mashed potato, chips or crusty rolls. @Armaghtoffee I think you asked to be tagged in to this.
Forgot to mention a crushed clove of garlic that you fry off with the onions for about a minute before adding to the casserole dish.

Bought a really cheap pork loin, any easy recipes ? No garlic or chilli .
No garlic, what’s wrong with you?;) My easiest recipe is an herb and garlic pork loin. I’m assuming you can leave the garlic off and just rub the herbs and it should be as tasty.

2 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
freshly cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil

Rub the oil and herb mix over the entire surface of the pork, including the underside.
Place the baking dish in the preheated 400ºF oven and roast the pork for about 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads at least 145ºF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back