Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We got relegated last Saturday.
If you're determined in the face of the numbers not being mathematically certain yet to be defeatist, then
do it properly and take it back to the World Cup break Bournemouth defeat - losing to Wolves on Boxing day, then the Brighton Southampton and West Ham defeats...5 ! ffs.
It was a common call after Bournemouth X 2 that Lampard should've gone then, so I'm not being
hindsight-tastic
The Powers that be failure to see / refusal to act then has done us no favours
4 post Boxing Day loses - 12 potential points...what would you give for just 2 or 3 now, today.

We need minimum 2x wins (and one of them has to be against Leicester). On top of that we need to not lose more than 2 of our last 6. So that's 8 points from the last 6 games, any less and we are relying on 3 teams with less points than us. A win tomorrow, although a tough ask, would be so key to how it all plays out for us.

They will be ANGRY
Hopefully they will.
I remember after the heartbreak of losing to WBA in 1968, we played our last league game.
We came out and Blew Fulham away - how it was only 5 i don't know.
After the final whistle the players went down the tunnel - Nobody moved

"We're not going home
We're not going home
Ee aye addio
We're not going home"

They got the message and came out, redemption and forgiveness all around.
All depend how Brighton pick themselves up.

Everyone else's players always look better! Sinisterra is great on his day but is a sick note and will no doubt be out again after going off yesterday. Harrison is a 1 in 6 player-again great on his day but that's not very often. At least you can defend.
We can defend - just not very well.

We are all as bad as each other it seems. Can't help but think the teams that gets the rub
of the green more between now and the end of the season will survive.

Screenshot_2023-04-26-12-15-10-04_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

The most frustration past of this whole situation for me is how easy it actually is to get out of it all.

2-3 extra wins at any stage of the season and we would be fine right now.

Look at Villa when Emery came in, they are 5th now! the league is terrible.

So many frustrating losses this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back