Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s also a degree of pressure on his own team because this genius plan of his only works if they also win.
Plus the fact they have only won one game out of seven since he’s been there which is hardly inspiring. In addition, the mighty Leicester failed to beat us in what they must have considered one of their “easier” games on the run-in.

This thread should be locked until 16:30 (UK Time) on Sunday. Save everyone from forensically examining every conceivable permutation. At the end of the day we win we stay up to look forward to the 2023/2024 PL season with renewed vigour ;)

I’m a bit behind on this thread, but I heard a clip of Dean Smith on the radio this morning, something along the lines of

“I make no apologies for the way we played today. The pressure is now on Everton to go and get a win at the weekend”

Basically, we now can’t play for a draw against Bournemouth, and he’s happy with that, that’s exactly what his goal was in yesterday’s game.
Is he backwards or something?

No they have to win regardless of anyone else result or its curtains we can get thrashed 5-0 and still have a chance of staying up

No they have to win regardless of anyone else result or its curtains we can get thrashed 5-0 and still have a chance of staying up
They probably back themselves against West Ham at home more than Newcastle away. And now they can stay up even if we manage a draw against Bournemouth.

I’m not saying his logic isn’t flawed, but that was his logic.

He’s defo backwards IMO.

Maybe they win and we draw and he looks a genius but in terms of understanding odds and probabilities he’s made a monumental Horlicks of it if he really was happy to settle for a draw yesterday.

I can't handle this thread not because of the stress of evading relegation on the last day and all the speculation, but Dave going all dead poets society seize the day type ra ra ra optimism which conflicts with every other thread he's ever written on (to be fair he been dogged about us staying up) still kinda trippy and surreal

12 draws this season, if just 1 was a win we`d already be safe.....

Forest away is one that sticks out, Leicester away, Palace away and many many more.

But here we are having to win against Bournemouth to guarantee staying up, which I`ve been fairly consistent that we won`t beat Bournemouth such is there pace on the counter, then you got to factor in no DCL and the likelihood Maupay or Gray will lead the line and we literally have no full backs.

For me, Everton are in a mini league with Leicester and Leeds with a 2 point advantage and Everton is one team that completely cock it up.... EVERTON THAT exists for a reason.

I can`t see what way it will go, we are just as likely to be a Championship side on Sunday night as a Premier League club.

Well yeah.

They probably back themselves against West Ham at home more than Newcastle away. And now they can stay up even if we manage a draw against Bournemouth.

I’m not saying his logic isn’t flawed, but that was his logic.
That sort of pressure on our side is exactly what will make our players fold like a deck of cards.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back