Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won’t beat City anyway.

Arsenal play Forest away, and Newcastle play Leicester.

It’s much better for these teams to have an incentive to chase for the rest of the season.

Newcastle play Leeds next and RS v Leicester their next game too, they will think they can sneak a CL place.

No chance City go easy on us. They have Chelsea at home, Brighton away and Brentford away to finish up. I’d expect them to put Chelsea away but Brighton and Brentford away in a matter of days is a tricky last couple of games regardless of how good City look right now. I know we are inbetween the CL games but they will see our game as a very good chance to get 3 points and a little safety net going into the run in. They could play a few on the bench and still beat us handily. If they don’t come away from Madrid with a favourable result it could be interesting to see how they line up against us though.

…it disappoints me that any Evertonian can give him any term of endearment. He’s BENITEZ as far as I’m concerned and I’d never fall into koppite terminology For one of theirs who was a disaster for us on and off the pitch.

Ffs, Evertonians don’t even refer to Kendall as ‘Howard’ of Catterick as ‘Harry’. Koppite behaviour from closet Koppites.

Despair that some hold a candle for him, thankfully it’s only the usual few posters. The worst managerial appointment in our clubs history, I have no doubt about that.
same for lampard

Had a look at the fixtures for the 3 teams above IMO I think they'll all pick up another win maybe another draw 4 pts, we need to pick up at least 5 or even 6. I don't fancy us leaving it to the last 2 needing 2 wins we need at least a point tomorrow. Here's hoping for 3. 🤞

They lost and were fortunate to not be 8 - 0 down in the first half. Cannot see them winning another game this season. They were dreadful.

Yep. Leeds look likely to go down now. I would say it's between us Leicester and Forest to be the 3rd one.

Forest need to beat Southampton or they are in trouble. Same for Leicester against Fulham.

It's not going to be pretty but this is very doable for us. Looking for 5 points from our remaining games to scrape clear.

Reactions: Lob
No chance City go easy on us. They have Chelsea at home, Brighton away and Brentford away to finish up. I’d expect them to put Chelsea away but Brighton and Brentford away in a matter of days is a tricky last couple of games regardless of how good City look right now. I know we are inbetween the CL games but they will see our game as a very good chance to get 3 points and a little safety net going into the run in. They could play a few on the bench and still beat us handily. If they don’t come away from Madrid with a favourable result it could be interesting to see how they line up against us though.
We will beat city.
They will be to cock sure of themselves and we will sneak a win

Yep. Leeds look likely to go down now. I would say it's between us Leicester and Forest to be the 3rd one.

Forest need to beat Southampton or they are in trouble. Same for Leicester against Fulham.

It's not going to be pretty but this is very doable for us. Looking for 5 points from our remaining games to scrape clear.
Tomorrow is probably a bigger day for Leicester and Forest than for us. Realistically we have a fixture we are expected to lose, those two need to pick up points from their games. If either lose tomorrow they are probably looking at 33-34 points max with the games they have remaining.

same for lampard

…no, not at all. i agree Lampard was a very poor choice, I doubted him as a coach after just a few games but he’s a decent, honourable bloke.

We’ve had lots of poor managers, add Lampard to the list but Benitez was unique for causing disruption OFF the pitch as well as being useless on it. He divided fans, he caused conflict between staff at FF, he caused conflict in the dressing room pitting player against player and he drove a wall between factions on the Board.

Lampard is a poor coach but Benitez was the worst managerial appointment in my life, I have no doubt about that.

A Forest win and Leicester win (both the most likely results imo) sends us down if we don’t beat Brighton

I make Fulham favourites to beat Leicester at home. Of course there is the factor of Fulham having little to play for but if I was going to bet it would be on Fulham.

Tomorrow is probably a bigger day for Leicester and Forest than for us. Realistically we have a fixture we are expected to lose, those two need to pick up points from their games. If either lose tomorrow they are probably looking at 33-34 points max with the games they have remaining.
I can't agree. We need to pick up points from our games, too.

At some point, Everton Football Club has to join battle. We can't just dismiss the next two games as "expected defeats" as per Farhad. If we do, we might find ourselves relegated before we turn up at Wolves.

No, tomorrow is pivotal - whatever happens.

Was only going to end one way because many supporters were intent on never taking to him.

Don't get me wrong, I was against the appointment in the first place but once it was confirmed I hoped he would do a good job. Too many fans were desperate to say "I told you so".
Benitez was the wrong appointment, every Evertonian knows that, that isn`t new. That one appointment changed everything....

Benitez took over post Ancelotti and that started our two relegation threatened seasons, Benitez started well but them it all fell apart.

A better appointment means we don`t see the likes of Benitez, then the Perreira interview, then Lampard and now Dyche. IMO appointing Moyes instead of Benitez we would be in a massively better place now at the end of his second season, even with austerity measures.

No, I`m not suggesting Moyes, or Moyes should come back. The club needs a reset, wherever we end up, for me the man to lead that rebuild is Postecoglou, even in the Championship we could double his earnings, his reported earnings at Celtic is c£2m per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.