Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no way we should be in the mix. IF…and it’s a bit if we keep our core fit.

Pickford. DCL. Tarkowsi/Branthwaite. Doucoure. Tbh you’d also argue for our wide midfielders…we have next to no strength in depth if we had an injury crisis.
Injuries are the biggest danger for us, as you say, first 11 aside, we are in big trouble if we get even 1 or 2 injuries in certain areas.

Just spent 90 minutes watching Alex Iwobi.
He's still the same as ever. Doing pretty things in non-consequential areas of the pitch. Then an extreme lack of end product whenever he shoots on the edge of the box.

His tepidness sums up why Fulham are drifting towards the bottom 3.
Getting money for Iwobi was nothing short of miraculous. Utter alchemy. No wonder we’re a different animal this year.

Form can change very quickly for all teams which is why nothing is done in the PL after 12 games. I hate all these pundits who’s re like ‘if City go 5 points ahead of Arsenal the title race is over’ only for City to lose the next week and Arsenal win and it’s all back on. Any of the teams below us could change manager or make a signing in January which changes everything whistle we are an injury to one of the CBs away from Michael Keane coming back in and hurtling us towards relegation form again.

What is comforting though is that there are three teams down at the bottom and we have a buffer on all of them. It’s unlikely that all of them will suddenly find some decent form so it’s looking promising for us but it’s too early in the season for any definitive statements, we can reassess at halfway point.
Exactly.

A 12 points deduction...meaning we'll have to pile up another 36-38 points from now until May?

Pfffft!!!!!
Davek are you a politician, you didn't answer my question. I said do you think Luton and Burnley will get over a point per game from now until the end of the season. Which they would have to do for us to have any risk of relegation.

And even if they finish on 35 points and that's a massive unlikely if. We won't finish under 38 with any points deduction whether that is 3, 6, 9 or 12.

Think some people are not considering transfer bans in any punishment, which I can't see the independent body justifying 12 points and a transfer ban over let's say 2 windows which was Chelsea's punishment a couple years back.

I can see Luton and Burnley getting a run together and reaching maybe 33/34 points.

If we got a 12 point deduction we'd need a 46/47 point season to avoid the drop. I don't believe that's likely.
They would want to get a move on then.. Luton who are currently 3rd from bottom after 12 games are on course for a 19 point season..

1699814772321.webp

Spot on, if we lose either of our first choice centre halves, for whatever reason and the walking disaster Keane has to come in, we‘re goosed.
we have a little more depth in the midfield and forward lines than recent seasons but the defence is reliant on Tarks and JB very heavily.
Dunno about midfield, Andre Gomes is next in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back