Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Luton and Burnley getting a run together and reaching maybe 33/34 points.

If we got a 12 point deduction we'd need a 46/47 point season to avoid the drop. I don't believe that's likely.
I already know Davek you are a tit who thinks he is edgy for having a different opinion.

If you think Burnley who have lost all six home games are going to pick up 30 more points and Luton who have no star players and can't score goals. Are going to pick up 28 more points. Then you are deluded.

Even with a points deduction we are going to be safe this season.
Screenshot_2023-11-12-15-34-57-57_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Possibly. Knife edge stuff I feel. I don’t know how morale would affected by a 12 pointer.
12 points would be a big blow but I think it could actually have a galvanising effect on the squad. I've been critical of Dyche for a variety of reasons, and I still think he's a very limited coach, but one thing he has definitely got right is the entire squad pulling in one direction. A massive points deduction could actually increase that sense of togetherness and improve what I think is already a siege mentality. That combined with a very poor clutch of teams at the bottom of the league gives me some optimism that, even in the face of a points deduction, we have a very good chance of still being a PL club a year from now.

Am surprised Moyes has clung on as long as he has.

They have spent an absolute fortune on some quality players the last few years and more often than not he turns out absolute dirge. There's surely only so long he can rescue himself in Europe.
Won the Europa Conference piss pot though.... 🤪

Love how we win a few games and some people are all “close the thread!”

We’re not safe yet

It’s that sort of complacency that led to the past two seasons

Until we’re mathematically safe, we’re in a relegation battle
Your comment suggests it was complacency that caused the past two seasons is that what you think? Who was at fault for that Lampard.

Do you think Dyche will say to his players after 12 games and 14 points. Great job lads can rest up now. Don't think so.

Shelf Utd. They've had some luck in the last two games.

But any of this at the bottom can turn things around.

Don't fall for the 'we're fine even with a points deduction' BS. We are NOT.

I have some what of a line into Moyes.
He is constantly marginalised at West Ham by higher up and it not for the cup win last season, would no longer be manager.

I'm not sure either party would sign a new contract if one was put on table tomorrow.
Hopefully they sack him and West Ham torn into the relegation threatened club they ought to be.

I already know Davek you are a tit who thinks he is edgy for having a different opinion.

If you think Burnley who have lost all six home games are going to pick up 30 more points and Luton who have no star players and can't score goals. Are going to pick up 28 more points. Then you are deluded.

Even with a points deduction we are going to be safe this season.
View attachment 235061
A 12 points deduction...meaning we'll have to pile up another 36-38 points from now until May?

Pfffft!!!!!

There's three divisions developing within the PL...

1/ City down to Newcastle
2 Brighton down to Fulham
3/ B'mouth down to Burnley

Just spent 90 minutes watching Alex Iwobi.

He's still the same as ever. Doing pretty things in non-consequential areas of the pitch. Then an extreme lack of end product whenever he shoots on the edge of the box.

His tepidness sums up why Fulham are drifting towards the bottom 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back