Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave out the first 5 games and we are a mid-table to-top-half team. 🤷‍♂️
The luck we have been missing in the early part of the season, we got it for the last 6 or so...ultimately luck tend to even out over the course of a season. I think we are probably where we should be, but it's very close between the teams around us. We can finish anywhere from 9/10 right down to 17th...

The luck we have been missing in the early part of the season, we got it for the last 6 or so...ultimately luck tend to even out over the course of a season. I think we are probably where we should be, but it's very close between the teams around us. We can finish anywhere from 9/10 right down to 17th...
We should deservedly be 2/3 places further up the table IMO.

Love how we win a few games and some people are all “close the thread!”

We’re not safe yet

It’s that sort of complacency that led to the past two seasons

Until we’re mathematically safe, we’re in a relegation battle
I would call winning 6 in 9 more than a "few games".

And since Man City and Arsenal still arent mathematically safe, do you think they have relegation threads since they are in a relegation battle for a few more weeks?

From 9th to 16th I think all the teams are at a similar level. The current bottom 4 are easily the worst teams in the league. We are 20 points away from being comfortably safe.

West Ham - I can see them struggling to stay ahead us this season.

Something not right there IMO.
Am surprised Moyes has clung on as long as he has.

They have spent an absolute fortune on some quality players the last few years and more often than not he turns out absolute dirge. There's surely only so long he can rescue himself in Europe.

We should deservedly be 2/3 places further up the table IMO.
This.

People seem to forget we started the season with Maupay and Danjuma up front.

Beto started against Sheffield United but it was his first top flight game.

We were also missing Harrison and McNeill was injured.

We were playing well but packed firepower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back