Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that Luton game haunts my dreams Mike.

I was just looking at the fixtures last night and I was a bit scared with the games we have left.

Maybe it was just Arsenal last game that terrified me and it stuck with me.

Im not concerned yet, ask me again in March.
A lot of people on here every week have been like that saying we have tough games coming up every so often, then doing those silly 3/5 game threads of how many points will we get etc. But we have continued to gain points and should actually have more than what we have.

Here’s a fun fact, Luton have to go away to Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle in the second half of the season.
I dont care about other teams Mike.

But I did say everybody else has the same "problem".

I mean look at the next few games.

City - Lets be honest
Wolves - Its an away game, but we should be looking for all 3
Villa - I mean
Fulham - Yikers
Spurs - Hmmm
City - BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now, glass half full says we can get at all those teams and with our recent form all should be a target for 3 points.

BUT, I dont consider any of them "easy" games. And no, there is no such thing as an easy game in this league, but there are certain games were you consider us favourites.

Anyway, you are talking me into a relegation battle on Christmas Eve, what has my life become? Just enjoying my last few hours of peace while the family is out!

A lot of people on here every week have been like that saying we have tough games coming up every so often, then doing those silly 3/5 game threads of how many points will we get etc. But we have continued to gain points and should actually have more than what we have.
Yeah, ten points more.

City - Lets be honest
Villa - I mean
Fulham - Yikers
Spurs - Hmmm
City - BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now, glass half full says we can get at all those teams and with our recent form all should be a target for 3 points.

BUT, I dont consider any of them "easy" games. And no, there is no such thing as an easy game in this league, but there are certain games were you consider us favourites.

Anyway, you are talking me into a relegation battle on Christmas Eve, what has my life become? Just enjoying my last few hours of peace while the family is out!
Most of those games are one you would not expect anything from, but it isn't against those teams City(2), Spurs, Villa that we need to pick up points, it is against the other teams below the top four.

However, after recent performances I think we are capable of getting some return from most games.

Around this time last year we had Frank in charge, with the Bournemouth games being a low point for this club, fans throwing shirts back at players, telling them to eff off. We then on boxing day got beat by Wolves in the last minute 2-1. I'd say we're doing pretty well considering how that went.

Around this time last year we had Frank in charge, with the Bournemouth games being a low point for this club, fans throwing shirts back at players, telling them to eff off. We then on boxing day got beat by Wolves in the last minute 2-1. I'd say we're doing pretty well considering how that went.
Largely the same group of players as well, a remarkable change indeed.

City - Lets be honest
Villa - I mean
Fulham - Yikers
Spurs - Hmmm
City - BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I’m talking you OUT of a relegation battle! It’s dead easy to look at a list of fixtures and assume we get 0 points from them, while all the teams below us who are worse will win their games, even though they play each other as well as all the impossible super teams we’re also playing.

We’re at the half way point of the season after the next game and will have played all the same teams that everyone else has played. We have to play all those same teams again. In those fixtures we’ve accumulated 26 actual real life points, whereas the teams below us have accumulated less than half of that.

Tl,dr; we aren’t going down.

I’m talking you OUT of a relegation battle! It’s dead easy to look at a list of fixtures and assume we get 0 points from them, while all the teams below us who are worse will win their games, even though they play each other as well as all the impossible super teams we’re also playing.

We’re at the half way point of the season after the next game and will have played all the same teams that everyone else has played. We have to play all those same teams again. In those fixtures we’ve accumulated 26 actual real life points, whereas the teams below us have accumulated less than half of that.

Tl,dr; aren’t going down.
Yes I meant talking myself into it.

Im going back to bed.

With the way we are playing, im not concerned, I just wish we had easier games, thats all, the way we are flying, those 3 home games we lost of the bounce would have been 7-0, but we move forward!

Luton have played City, Arsenal and the rs at home. I can see them winning 6 or 7 more home games and getting to about 35 points. Burnley could be anything from now until season end. Sheff Utd don't look like they have a run of victories in them. It's important that Forest and Palace stay near the bottom as well. I reckon we need about 38 points to be safe, which is effectively 48 points. It's gettable and we're currently playing very well, but anyone thinking we're safe as houses is kidding themselves.

Yes I meant talking myself into it.

Im going back to bed.

With the way we are playing, im not concerned, I just wish we had easier games, thats all, the way we are flying, those 3 home games we lost of the bounce would have been 7-0, but we move forward!

Yeah I wish we played Sheff Utd at home 38 times as well. Sadly it doesn’t and has never worked like that.

Ok, that Luton game haunts my dreams Mike.

I was just looking at the fixtures last night and I was a bit scared with the games we have left.

Maybe it was just Arsenal last game that terrified me and it stuck with me.

Im not concerned yet, ask me again in March.
That Arsenal game on the final day aside Goat I actually happen to think that our run-in looks fairly kind on paper 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back