Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teams you want to play on the run in are those from 9th to 14th who have nothing to play for. Teams at the bottom start winning unlikely games at that time of the season.
Yeah but quite a lot of 6 pointers in that period and you would fancy us in 5 or 6 of those games at the end.

Now ive talked myself out of it.

Luton have played City, Arsenal and the rs at home. I can see them winning 6 or 7 more home games and getting to about 35 points. Burnley could be anything from now until season end. Sheff Utd don't look like they have a run of victories in them. It's important that Forest and Palace stay near the bottom as well. I reckon we need about 38 points to be safe, which is effectively 48 points. It's gettable and we're currently playing very well, but anyone thinking we're safe as houses is kidding themselves.

So 20 points and we’re safe? That means we could afford to be slightly worse in the second half of the season and be safe, and if we match our first half of the season performance then we’ll be comfortable. Great news.

I honestly think they do it on purpose, to create talking points for “Mike Dean’s Ref Watch” and other such crap.
And even then, they still come up with excuses half the time as to why the ref got the right call. That Mike Dean on soccer Sat again despite seeing the action infront of him, still gets many of them wrong, to when the ref on the pitch comes out with his decision - he said something like he was sure the Toon goal yesterday would 100% be a goal - that was given offside, to name one of many you could name

Luton have played City, Arsenal and the rs at home. I can see them winning 6 or 7 more home games and getting to about 35 points. Burnley could be anything from now until season end. Sheff Utd don't look like they have a run of victories in them. It's important that Forest and Palace stay near the bottom as well. I reckon we need about 38 points to be safe, which is effectively 48 points. It's gettable and we're currently playing very well, but anyone thinking we're safe as houses is kidding themselves.
Luton have won 3 games so far. I think its a massive stretch to think they will win 7 more at home .
32 /33 will keep a side up this season.
Maybe less

And even then, they still come up with excuses half the time as to why the ref got the right call. That Mike Dean on soccer Sat again despite seeing the action infront of him, still gets many of them wrong, to when the ref on the pitch comes out with his decision - he said something like he was sure the Toon goal yesterday would 100% be a goal - that was given offside, to name one of many you could name

Scripted drama, like WWE. That’s what the game has become, it just doesn’t even feel like a sport anymore.

Luton have won 3 games so far. I think its a massive stretch to think they will win 7 more at home .
32 /33 will keep a side up this season.
Maybe less
They've had difficult home games and have gained more confidence now they've played a few games. They don't concede many goals, have a tight ground and are very aggressive. I can see a few teams not fancying it against them. Their style of play definitely gives them a fighting chance. I thought they'd be relegated with about 10 points, but they have something about them. Anyway, time will tell.

All this thing about the deduction for us, has somehow made the press think we only just started to win from then, has actually in a way helped other teams go for it. The Like's of Burnley & Luton have won 6points, with Sheff Utd getting 4, since our deduction, i think

All this thing about the deduction for us, has somehow made the press think we only just started to win from then, has actually in a way helped other teams go for it. The Like's of Burnley & Luton have won 6points, with Sheff Utd getting 4, since our deduction, i think
I think they've got used to the league. There's a reason why teams very rarely end up with less than 25 points. However there's a break from Europe now so you'd expect the "better" teams to win most of their games against the bottom half teams between now and March.

If everton are in relegation picture come the appeal time not a chance get any points back probably say won't be fair to other teams near the relegation zone so going to have have get away from the bottom 5 ourselves the hard way by winning points on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back