Status
Not open for further replies.
PREMIER LEAGUE
NEWCASTLE UNITED v EVERTON
ST. JAMES' PARK
TUESDAY 2 APRIL
KICK-OFF 7.30PM

THIS FIXTURE IS NOW SOLD OUT.

Coach travel costs £29 and departs from Goodison at 2pm. Supporters need to be members of the Travel Club to purchase coach tickets. The Travel Club Membership costs just £5.

Over 3,000 going to this match Tuesday night.

God bless you all.
We are going to concede lots of goals. Capitulation has set in.

That's how it feels. The bad news just keeps on coming. When was the last time anything positive came out? The only glimmer of hope is the new stadium. What league we are in is a different matter.
Even the stadium feels negative to me right now. Would we have gotten a points deduction without it? Would we have been able to improve the squad? It's part of the current problem.

There will be a load of departures in the summer, and there won't be much spending on any new players. If we don't go down this year then we're going down next year. We have a long way to go before we totally bottom out here imo.
It's clear we need to pay our players a lot less money. We've been trying to operate as a top half club in terms of wages. We need to sign young promising players from lower leagues or cheaper countries on lower wages and get a manager in who can do something with them

It's clear we need to pay our players a lot less money. We've been trying to operate as a top half club in terms of wages. We need to sign young promising players from lower leagues or cheaper countries on lower wages and get a manager in who can do something with them
We also need to get players from the Academy playing for the first team.
We might not have a choice.

Is it though, we are a top 8 football club at worst thats been terribly managed both on and off the field under Moshiri's ownership. I agree regards the wages of average players and I also agree with manager needs to be something different than the tried and tested premier experience crap with went with up until now.
But if we decide we aren't top half then we may as well throw in the towel.
We need ripped apart from the inside and even though I've always been against these 777 shysters i can't see them putting up with the way things are ran commercially.
Stay up at all costs this season and something has to give in the summer

Got no idea what I’m looking at here.
It tries to take into account the difficulty of the fixtures. A team gains points on this table if they get any points away from home or if they get any points against “Big 6” teams (home or away). They lose points on it if they drop points at home to non “big 6” teams (The person running that account calls them “The Other14”).

It mirrors the final league table after the last game so it’s not perfect but it’s interesting to know where you stand at the moment.

Is it though, we are a top 8 football club at worst thats been terribly managed both on and off the field under Moshiri's ownership. I agree regards the wages of average players and I also agree with manager needs to be something different than the tried and tested premier experience crap with went with up until now.
But if we decide we aren't top half then we may as well throw in the towel.
We need ripped apart from the inside and even though I've always been against these 777 shysters i can't see them putting up with the way things are ran commercially.
Stay up at all costs this season and something has to give in the summer
When was the last time we finished in the top 8? The TV money means the big advantage from having a loyal fan base is now eroded. Bournemouth and Brentford are about our level at the moment. We need to lower our wage bill, sort out our finances and then rebuild in a sustainable manner. Once that's happened we can look at generating more money through sponsorships and partnerships, and from there spending more on players and wages. That's got to be a medium term goal though, trying to shortcut this without a rich backer is a quick way to more points deductions and ending up in the same position as a Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday.

When was the last time we finished in the top 8? The TV money means the big advantage from having a loyal fan base is now eroded. Bournemouth and Brentford are about our level at the moment. We need to lower our wage bill, sort out our finances and then rebuild in a sustainable manner. Once that's happened we can look at generating more money through sponsorships and partnerships, and from there spending more on players and wages. That's got to be a medium term goal though, trying to shortcut this without a rich backer is a quick way to more points deductions and ending up in the same position as a Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday.
Five years ago under Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back