Relegation 23/24 Thread

No way we go down.

2 points away from safety with 26 games to go.

The then bottom 3 teams have a grand total of 15 points which is just one point more than we had.

Total confidence.

Dyce took 21 points from 18 games last season. With no striker really.

If we say mid thirties is the magic number again, which is highly likely, then we need 31 points from 26 games. Pretty confident we will do that tbh. Be it’s going to be another crap spring time for us all.
Mid 30s is not highly likely. That would require all of these teams to get 30 points from their next 26 games.

I just don’t see where that turnaround comes from.

They’d have to match the form we’d shown this season when we are EIGHT points clear after 12 games. That’s a massive uptick in form required. And us to carry on.

Just got to hope that this galvanises everyone and we ride that momentum to safety

There are going to be quite a few moments where we all feel really down during the rest of the season I think

It'll be impossible not to look at our points total and think about what those extra 10 points would mean

It'll hit hardest in March-May I think if reach a point where without the deduction we'd already be safe but because of it we're still in the mix

Mid 30s is not highly likely. That would require all of these teams to get 30 points from their next 26 games.

I just don’t see where that turnaround comes from.

They’d have to match the form we’d shown this season when we are EIGHT points clear after 12 games. That’s a massive uptick in form required. And us to carry on.

I guess I’m adjusting for one of them three hitting some semblance of form. I agree as it stands that doesn’t look likely.

I guess I’m adjusting for one of them three hitting some semblance of form. I agree as it stands that doesn’t look likely.
Looking at the forums of those clubs they aren’t seeing this as a huge incentive at all.

One of them would need a material uptick in form, even if we go off the boil.

I said the other day, we could revert back to last seasons form and one of those teams would still need to improve for us to finish in the relegation places.

That’s how big the gulf is atm. We need to fall off a cliff AND one team needs to get better for us to go down.

Bournemouth will still be part of this story, and I’m not totally convinced Forest and Fulham won’t play their way into trouble as well. There’s plenty of time. Next 2 are winnable and a good chance to flip the bird to the corrupt premier league overlords. Let’s just hope the players respond well.

Obviously we can still stay up, but it's going to be difficult and a real challenge.

We all hope this will create a siege mentality within the club and help everyone push in the same direction. But the truth is that we just don't know how it will affect the team and staff, and we won't know until we've watched the next few games.

We are going to need to win about 8 or 9 more games. That's not gonna be straightforward.