Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're outside the relegation places and have a game in hand....it's not fair....IT'S NOT FAIR!!"

wet-hot-american-summer-group-hug.gif

Have to win the game in hand.

I’m trying to find some hope for a potential decent result tomorrow, Wimbledon 88 fa cup final, Wigan v City FA cup final, Us beating them lot when Dunc scored all them years again, 1995 our FA cup win against Utd, Leicester winning the league. But I look at all those and they all worked hard can we do that between now and the end of the season? Doesn’t look likely but I’m going to try and stay positive otherwise what is the point.

We need shock of the season, a massive massive ask almost an impossibility, but who really thinks they are going to win the lottery and some win big. Imo our only hope is to rattle them early make it ugly can we do that, well we haven’t seen much of that this season so I doubt it.

Watford away is huge. Simply can't mess that game up at all. Get an early goal and should be o.k....

And Burnley showed recently at Norwich they can always mess up very winnable away games especially if they're the ones expected to get on the ball and control the game so things could easily swing on that.

Dangerous though 0-0 with 15 minutes left and Lampard throwing on loads of attackers which will leave space for likes of Sarr to run into so that's a big danger even if them scoring 5 at Goodison was a really bizarre thing.

Seeing how it will play out, the aftermath whatever it is, will be interesting and a good insight into what people are, particularly the media.

I’ll place my bets on the Mail to be the first with the death threats to the board reports as the anger over this season gets more intense. Maybe King or Samuel with that one with a draft already prepared . Which will follow with the usual “anyone who tries to justify this” stuff on Twitter by fans and people who even in the slightest question it’s legitimacy will be mocked.

The Echo? Well Prentice is no longer there but I’m sure he will use some tactics via his mates to deflect blame, usually resulting in not acknowledging certain people in who is responsible.

The fans will get stick too of course particularly with regards to RB and his sacking.

I’m hoping fans in their numbers will see through it all because make no mistake the people at the club will be preparing narratives with their mates in the media to deflect blame and responsibility.

• There's a 50% chance of us ending the weekend where we are: one point ahead of Burnley and a game in hand.
  • There's a 45% chance of us ending the weekend on equal points or two points behind Burnley with a game in hand
  • There's a 5% chance we'll end up a point or two ahead of Burnley or a point behind them with a game in hand.

I think it'll be the first. Defeats for both Everton and Burnley.

If so, we are in decent shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back