Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us get this straight. We have loads of talent, injuries screwed us at Newcastle. Lampard will be good and we have games on the team's above and below
We are not going down and by the season end you will be excited about what Lampard and his team will produce in a full season.
Stop shaking like Zouma's cat
You’re usually an excellent contributor to this forum but it is gratuitous and potentially dangerous to make light of animal cruelty by joking about it.

That's where you are wrong.

When you think talent you think Gray, Richarlison, Gordon, DCL, maybe VDB and Doucoure.

What you don't see is that the defence is a shambles (Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Mina always injured, and now Godfrey injured, no LB for Leeds).

You're thinking we have the talent in attack and we do, but if the team is going to concede a minimum of two goals every game, we are going to lose more times than we win.

A team needs a solid spine and unfortunately, our defence is made of jelly.

Defence is poor but wasn't Keane Burnley's best defender when we spent a lot of money on him? He was even around the England squad. These defenders would be starting for other teams down the bottom. How many of Norwich, Brentford or Watford's defenders would you want?

Ancelotti set up defensively so we didn't give much away and we were in among the top 6 all season until the last games. 59 points with by and large the same players, 48 conceded in 38 games (made worse by the 5 at City on the last day when Europe was gone), we've already shipped 38.

Last edited:
Of course we are. All I am saying is that we have the talent to get out of this and supporters need to step up if we go down at home. We both know how bad the atmosphere can get at home when it is not going well.
By the way, my joke may be in poor taste but my opinion and thoughts of what should happen to him could not be aired on a public site.
You make an excellent point. I noticed the other day that as soon as we scored at St James Park to make it 0-1… their fans immediately began shouting words of encouragement to their players and started chanting enthusiastically etc to get the players going.

If we are going down just please good don't have it confirmed at the Chelsea game on 30th April.....my wedding day
Call it off mate. This is an omen if I ever seen it. If not it'll be my duty as an evertonian to bring a 3 page speech to the church in anticipation of when the priest asked for anyone to interfere. I have hacked your Internet search history mate. Balls in your court. Call it off.

Call it off mate. This is an omen if I ever seen it. If not it'll be my duty as an evertonian to bring a 3 page speech to the church in anticipation of when the priest asked for anyone to interfere. I have hacked your Internet search history mate. Balls in your court. Call it off.
I agree you don't want a double whammy of relegation and marriage on the same day
I've been married for 36 years...you get less for murder

you are seriously overrating the attack as well. 14th in the league in terms of goals scored, it was 12th last season, 11th the season before. The attackers you mention are mid-lower table players as well. It’s just we like to overate them massively.
Fair Point...makes our squad even more mediocre.

I am struggling to see a victory today with our fullback and CB issues in what is essentially a must win as our favourable run of fixtures draws to a close. Going to need favours from Palace, City and Brighton

The really scary thing about today is, our following three fixtures are Southampton away, City home, Spurs away.

I don’t think I am being OTT when I say I expect zero points from that. So if we lose here, there’s every chance we could be sitting on P24 Pts 19.

The really scary thing about today is, our following three fixtures are Southampton away, City home, Spurs away.

I don’t think I am being OTT when I say I expect zero points from that. So if we lose here, there’s every chance we could be sitting on P24 Pts 19.
To depress you more it would be P25 pts19

And Southampton look excellent against United today having beaten Spurs mid week. That Broja midfielder has all the aggression and bite that is conciously lacking in Gomes and co. We will struggle against them big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back