Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean when is the integrity of the league going to be an issue.
By Sunday we will have played four games less than Brentford.
This will be a relevant issue next week when we play rejuvenated Newcastle as apposed to the on their ars3 Newcastle of mid December- no integrity whatsoever the way the powers to be allowed all those dodgy cancellations.
And if we did go down by 3 points evertons legal teams should be all over that like a rash.

Unbelievable position to be in after 5-6 years of ploughing money into this squad and to have 4 of the worst defenders, a injury ridden midfield and a lacklustre forward line with no fight whatsoever.

One word

Recruitment

Walsh, Koeman, Brands, Silva, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Benitez.....they've all spunked millions upon millions upon millions on absolute garbage.

No chemistry, not fit enough, too slow and immobile, no leadership, lack of character, money grabbers, chancers, has beens, never will be's.

One word

Recruitment

Walsh, Koeman, Brands, Silva, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Benitez.....they've all spunked millions upon millions upon millions on absolute garbage.

No chemistry, not fit enough, too slow and immobile, no leadership, lack of character, money grabbers, chancers, has beens, never will be's.
Yup, plus the recruitment of the recruiters. Koeman and Walsh probably spent the lion's share. Brands then had to try to tidy up their mess while juggling multiple new manager's ideas. Very poor decision-making top to bottom.

Yep, all roads lead to woeful managerial decision making from Moshiri unfortunately.
The thing is we have tried all different types of managers and none of them have worked. That’s the alarming part. It’s easy to say that it’s woeful managerial appointments by Moshiri, but that majority of us we’re all sitting here absolutely made up with some of them. Like Lampard now!. If Lampard fails is that Moshiri’s fault too.

The thing is we have tried all different types of managers and none of them have worked. That’s the alarming part. It’s easy to say that it’s woeful managerial appointments by Moshiri, but that majority of us we’re all sitting here absolutely made up with some of them. Like Lampard now!. If Lampard fails is that Moshiri’s fault too.

The turnover of managers goes back to bad recruitment. It's a vicious cycle. If thr DoF was the only person purchasing players we could just blame Walsh and Brands. But we know the managers have also brought their own players in, we know Moshiri has meddled in deals as well.

Moshiri has hired

Silva
Koeman
Allardyce
Aneclotti
Benitez
Lampard

Allardyce and Benitez should never have ever been considered so there's 33% worth of bad recruitment right there.

Silva I can understand why he went back in for him. Koemans tenure unravelled the minute we didn't buy a striker and purchased 3 number 10's.

Ancelotti is 100% the only managerial appointment I think we all agreed on and I think the majority of fans will back Lampard, though we could have got Jeoff the postman in and he'd have been welcomed after Benitez.

whether burnley draws or loses to brentford, or worse beats brentford - it should be all in our hands if our players do their job. which they haven't since October.

I watched the games tonight of the other relegation battlers with great interest and engagement - strange feelings. it was like a perverse reverse-champions league fever dream. not what us fans have been wishing for, but nail biting and exciting too.

I can't sleep. Relegation is painfully real and close now. and whatever happens, I console myself with the thought that cheering the team in the championship as it battles for the playoff places or maybe the auto promotion spots will be just as exciting as champions league...
It really won't be

Yep, all roads lead to woeful managerial decision making from Moshiri unfortunately.
Moshiri and/or the board who either were part of the process or are entirely ineffectual. Koeman was a complete mystery to me and spent the bulk of the war chest on rubbish. He'd achieved nothing of note before being given the keys to the safe and we've never really recovered. Allardyce was always a stop gap. Silva had been sacked by Watford but somehow was good enough for us? Ancelotti was never going to hang around with the shower he'd inherited and little money to spend. Rafael was ilconceived desperation and Lampard is also a gamble, but we're now more in the downward-sliding position were beggars can't be choosers and hasty decisions were inevitable. We can now only hope that his fledgling managerial skills and reputation in footy, is enough to get a tune out of the expensively acquired unbalanced collection.

Yup, plus the recruitment of the recruiters. Koeman and Walsh probably spent the lion's share. Brands then had to try to tidy up their mess while juggling multiple new manager's ideas. Very poor decision-making top to bottom.
This is the key, more so than the recruitment itself.

This squad is the amalgamation of, by my count, 11 people's visions of what an Everton player looks like:

Moyes
Martinez
Walsh
Koeman
Allardyce
Brands
Silva
Ancelotti
Benitez
Lampard
Moshiri

That's insane. As many cooks as there are places on the teamsheet.

No wonder it's a disjointed mess.

We just need to overtake Leeds. Once we do I'm convinced they're gone.
One thing thing with Leeds is they haven't had the intended 'new manager effect'. New manager in and they've lost two games, Leicester (expected) and Villa (home, probably not expected).

That said, their next game is Norwich home and they simply have to win that, but will quite easily. It's whether that is able to build any kind of momentum for them, as they play Wolves, Southampton and Watford after that.

I do think Leeds pick up more points than we do in the next four games. In fact, their fixtures until the end of the season are much more favourable to them than ours are to us. Let's hope we can win most of our home games ...

Moshiri and/or the board who either were part of the process or are entirely ineffectual. Koeman was a complete mystery to me and spent the bulk of the war chest on rubbish. He'd achieved nothing of note before being given the keys to the safe and we've never really recovered. Allardyce was always a stop gap. Silva had been sacked by Watford but somehow was good enough for us? Ancelotti was never going to hang around with the shower he'd inherited and little money to spend. Rafael was ilconceived desperation and Lampard is also a gamble, but we're now more in the downward-sliding position were beggars can't be choosers and hasty decisions were inevitable. We can now only hope that his fledgling managerial skills and reputation in footy, is enough to get a tune out of the expensively acquired unbalanced collection.
He doesn’t have a plan for the club or an understanding of football. He assumed money solves everything and the more you spend the more you climb the table.

His obsession with having involvement is, quite frankly, bizarre and he’s allowing external people to dictate the future of the club.

he’s appointed nobody of real footballing knowledge to the board, someone who can drive the strategy forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back