Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no confidence that we will survive this season, but, if we do, I think there will be a complete reset during the summer. I think the out of contract players will be replaced, that of course is the ones who played enough to warrant being replaced, by younger hungry players looking to prove themselves in the Prem. It is funny really, while I don't think Lampard is the best manager for a relegation fight, I do think, should we stay up, he is the ideal man to change the whole profile of the club.

If only the Iranian lunatic had pulled the trigger on Benitez after the Watford game, I think our situation would be much different today.
I hope you are correct but I feel we are on a merry go round with this owner with "deadwood" and resets etc.

But maybe this is the year that he wakes up , I agree Lampard looks like he can spot a player and get them playing well

One word

Recruitment

Walsh, Koeman, Brands, Silva, Allardyce, Ancelotti, Benitez.....they've all spunked millions upon millions upon millions on absolute garbage.

No chemistry, not fit enough, too slow and immobile, no leadership, lack of character, money grabbers, chancers, has beens, never will be's.
Really cheered me up that lol

Its 4, and we will play 11 games in the last 7 weeks, with the 1st of those 11 to be played April 3rd at West Ham at the earliest - with the season ending may 22nd - The prem league could easily have sorted all this out, the Burnley game for one was 10 weeks ago and no doubt the prem league will squeeze them in - in late April for us instead of spreading them out
That is absolutely spot on, no reason why some of these games have not been re scheduled.
Also notice how a lot of our games are being put back to Sunday or Monday so our rivals are playing before us.
They are doing anything they can to send us down

I hope you are correct but I feel we are on a merry go round with this owner with "deadwood" and resets etc.

But maybe this is the year that he wakes up , I agree Lampard looks like he can spot a player and get them playing well

I have been praying for a reset since Koeman actually. We needed to reset and work on everything behind the scenes even more than the manager. I agree, with this owner hes like an Abramovich-lite who thinks that acting like Chelsea will help us win things. Of course they already have a much better set up behind the scenes.
We used to be far ahead of Chelsea 25 yrs ago.

That is absolutely spot on, no reason why some of these games have not been re scheduled.
Also notice how a lot of our games are being put back to Sunday or Monday so our rivals are playing before us.
They are doing anything they can to send us down
We’re doing everything we can to send us down.

If we don’t win games, when we play them is immaterial.

This is the key, more so than the recruitment itself.

This squad is the amalgamation of, by my count, 11 people's visions of what an Everton player looks like:

Moyes
Martinez
Walsh
Koeman
Allardyce
Brands
Silva
Ancelotti
Benitez
Lampard
Moshiri

That's insane. As many cooks as there are places on the teamsheet.

No wonder it's a disjointed mess.
You could throw Kenwright into that mix as well, almost certainly had an influence on recruitment (eg Rooney’s return), and telling everyone on your list what an Everton player “looks like”!

It's comical how you feel more relaxed about relegation when the others down there lose a game....you momentarily lose sight of the fact that we've had one win in 11 games and are dancing right on top of the trap door.

one game less to catch up I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back