Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, we are carrying too many bad players for a Premier League side so if we go down so be it. We have no transfer budget due to FFP so if we somehow stay up we won't be much better next season.

Not going to lie, there is a small part of me that thinks getting it out of the way and rebuilding this sorry team in the championship than going through another relegation battle next year. Watching this, the stress of worrying about other results, is just grim and depressing.

Don't be so sure you won't be going through the same relegation stress next year if we do go down.

Agreed and I like your positivity

Just don't want to be relegated though
Exactly. But what we’ve had to put up with since moyes (maybe Martinez 1st season) has been awful. Every match it gets worse. I want to enjoy going again and the only thing that makes me sad, we’re not in the top league for the last season at goodison

Well, I remember the grief Moyes used to get for achieving what he did on a fraction of the budget.

Our position now is an existential disaster and we have spent colossal sums.

Moshiri deserves this for the mismanagement. The fans don’t. We have signed players who aren’t good enough on large contracts. The wasters will still be here next season, but I dont really blame them. The club made them the offer and signed them.

Shortening by the day..

BF45260D-EC69-4BF1-9112-6B3DC250311F.webp

I thought it would be brentford, but they are miles ahead in points. seems us vs Burnley or watford? Leeds too, are gone. They can get another 6 or 9 points. I dont see any of our upcoming fixtires as good.

How can we get results with that sort of effort? I don't know where we go from here.

We have players who are never fit, players crying off sick, players who aren't arsed, players who care but are crap, and players who don't care and are crap.

I don't see how this gets turned around. I don't see any solutions.

Today was a a disgraceful performance at home to a crap side, and we never laid a glove on them. These players are a disgrace. They make me feel anger that I really shouldn't, and don't want to feel. It's not healthy, and I don't need this.

It absolutely hurts my head.

How can any footballer at any level put in the level of effort and work like they did against City yet then produce the complete opposite against the likes of Spurs and Wolves.

They either have severe psychological issues or they simply don't care.

No idea why you are talking of Europe. We never looked like slipping back down the table. Thats all am interested in
We could very easily have finished in a Euro spot that season with more motivation (and it might have got him longer), we would have finished lower but for other teams tailing off

I reckon that does it for me. Can't remember a time it's been this bad, not even in the 90s did we look so poor and the players simply could not give us even a single care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back