Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

20220309_022702.webp

Me to the players

If we don't beat Newcastle and Watford then I think we're cooked. Our players are just disgusting, there's not a positive thing I could say about any of them, just a rotten mixture of has beens and never will bes who aren't even characters you can get behind, their pathetic attitude matches their pathetic talent.

The fans don't deserve this, and neither does Lampard, but everyone else at the club does. The god awful board, putrid managers we've employed season after season, horrendous playing squad - none of them deserve to call themselves a Premier League outfit.

In all my years, we have had 1, 2 maybe even 3 players in a team that were called out as not fit to wear the shirt, not arsed, not trying, useless etc etc etc but I have never witnessed at least 8 or 9 on the field at the same time as we have this season, they pick up their 100k plus a week while we spend our hard earned just to afford to go, while struggling with bills etc etc NOT ONE OF THESE GIVE A [Poor language removed]! Because either way they pick up their cheque, live a life only few can dream of. Its truly sickening.

They should be ashamed but in truth not one will be. ???

UTFT

More to it Imo, we had to sell a player for FFP issues, I think the new signing could be off set over time. I don’t believe it was just the Benitez row, it think one of our more gal players had to go, imo the Benitez row was a smoke scree, I don’t believe all I read.
But when you're in a relegation battle your best left back isn't dispensable.

? He didn’t lose a home in normal time, only lost on pens in the cup to Leicester. I think that was a bit better than franks doing, also weren’t the others v Man Utd and Arsena.
We were 2-0 down v Leicester and only pulled it back cos they switched off thinking, rightly, it was done. United should have buried us, Arsenal with Ancelotti watching was woeful

I came to terms with relegation around Christmas time - although I knew something wasn't quite right as far back as October '21 after the Watford debacle. I can vividly recall Wimbledon '94/Coventry '98, and I never want to go through that mental anguish again. I don't watch TV or read the paper so it's unlikely I will experience any of the media ridicule once relegation is confirmed. The club is a mess from top-to-bottom, and I gain zero joy from following football. I do, however, feel sorry for the youngsters who support us - because that was me during Wimbledon '94. They deserve better.

If we don't beat Newcastle and Watford then I think we're cooked. Our players are just disgusting, there's not a positive thing I could say about any of them, just a rotten mixture of has beens and never will bes who aren't even characters you can get behind, their pathetic attitude matches their pathetic talent.

The fans don't deserve this, and neither does Lampard, but everyone else at the club does. The god awful board, putrid managers we've employed season after season, horrendous playing squad - none of them deserve to call themselves a Premier League outfit.
one thing about all this, I couldn’t care less what players we sell in the summer, whether we stay up or not.

Ok, this is the most real it has been since 1998

It is difficult to see where the wins are coming from. We've only won in the league against a Leeds side in free fall since that win against Arsenal which was just over 4 months ago.

I'd hoped that our home form, which on the whole has been good since Lampard arrived, would be enough to see us through but today put paid to that.

We are in trouble. Massive, massive trouble and as things stand I don't see how this turns around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back