Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the plan then surely it would be built now, he would just have written a cheque and wham bam!

How do we pay for it IF we get relegated, we would be up the creek without a form of propulsion. I can’t understand those that think relegation would be ok as it would reset, it would destroy. If we must have a clear out and reset we should do it from the premiership where the money is available for it.
He will just have to build it himself. I think his sole goal is to build the stadium and sell the club for a profit. If we go down he won’t get as much but if we bounce back up with a brand new stadium.
The reason where not in it is because we got inept ppl running the club who pandered to WH for 2 years for no bloody reason. Pointless survey after Survey complete waste of time. When did we buy BMD. We bought the land 5 years ago…5 years to get planning permission. Complete joke
7 years from buying the land to sitting in it

The owner IS the problem with his constant interfering but the board are responsible for the day to day running of the club and they have failed massively for years at this. The whole lot need to go mate (Owner + board)
Its not the day to.day running that is relegating us, its a combination of Moshiri chopping and changes managers, sacking at the wrong times,, going for the wrong people, and throwing money around via super agents with none football reasons.
If the board were running the club while he concentrated on the stadium that would be one think, but we know he hasn't done that.

Last couple of pages seem to be about who is the main reason we're in this mess. I don't think you can have a main reason. There's a multitude of factors: kenwright, moshiri, Benitez, the current players, our transfer history, and to a lesser degree Lampard, VAR and fan complacency have all contributed. The perfect storm of crapness.
I would add to that list- impatience amoung us, the fans- so that we demanded changes in managers after a few losses - almost 1 a year over the last 8 years on average- thats massively disruptive for a club.

I haven't a problem with Spurs mate but if people think clubs like Spurs or Arsenal finishing 8th and potentially getting into the CL whilst a club like Newcastle with multi billions behind them finishes 7th and gets Europa Conference isn't going to cause friction and/or legal battles then they are naive.

And if the pressure from other clubs doesn't bring change to the current set up long term I think you'll see a decline in interest.

At the moment its a perfect storm for things to go wrong for the PL:

1. Many people haven't returned to the grounds following the Pandemic be it due to health concerns with COVID or they are out of the routine.

2. Cost of living crisis - can fans of clubs like ours justify spending money on season tickets and Sky/BT subscriptions when we're forever midtable making up the numbers?

3. Lack of true competition in the sport - Post 1995 only Leicester, Wigan, Birmingham and Portsmouth have won anything of note outside the "big 6".

4. The VAR/ESL/FFP farces

5. Primadonna players on obscene wages turning up when they want.

A lot of people are losing interest in it all. I watch Everton games and Championship/League One/Europa League. I haven't watched another PL game all season and dont watch the CL not out of protest but because its boring and predictable.
The top 6 tried to destroy the whole football pyramid and what happened? Nothing they got a slap on the wrist. They should have been relegated.
So nothing going to happen with Europe

Have decided it wouldn't be the disaster people think.

A season where some of our players can get back on track (the likes of Keane will look world class in the championship) we will win most games and a chance to bring THAT trophy back to the old lady before she goes.

I think we need 38 points, so 3 wins, to survive.

I think Leeds only get 4 more points all season. That would put us level with them but we’d survive on goal difference. I think Burnley get 6 more points. That would see us finish 1 point ahead of them.

I have to believe we’ll win 3 of the next 5, as I’ve got zero faith in us getting something at Arsenal away on the final day. It’s a big ask.

We will stay up. Leeds will get nothing out of the next 3 games. Brighton and Brentford will be hard for them too. Brentford would love to send them down likely to be last game for eriksen too.

We also have a better goal difference. Chelsea will do us a favour with lampard history there and will stroll around v us and beat Leeds 100%

I think we need 2 wins from the next 3 games.

'Monopoly money' I believe was the term used.

At that level its like Wolf of Wall Street, "fun coupons".

Finished 8th under Silva and Fat Sam

No you didnt.

A season where some of our players can get back on track (the likes of Keane will look world class in the championship) we will win most games and a chance to bring THAT trophy back to the old lady before she goes.

Absolutely no guarantee we bounce back up.

Add to that we have very little relegation wage clauses in players' contracts, meaning in order to comply with Championship wage cap/FFP we'd need to sell majority of players for pittance. We'd be fleeced for players like DCL, Pickford and Richarlison out of a sheer necessity to get their wages off the books

Under no circumstance should anyone be even contemplating accepting relegation as something that might not be a bad thing - it would be a disaster.

Or, more likely, he'll be shown up yet again. Like most of this horrible squad.

I don't have faith in him, that's why I want a sale. That doesn't mean I have faith in Kenwright or the board either, because I don't.

In short, I don't have faith in anyone, and they all are responsible to some extent.
Kind of agree but before this owner we didn't have these troubles, his overall vision has been blind to the realities of the sport.
Stan wouldn't allow him to have input at Arsenal, now we understand why

Absolutely no guarantee we bounce back up.

Add to that we have very little relegation wage clauses in players' contracts, meaning in order to comply with Championship wage cap/FFP we'd need to sell majority of players for pittance.

Under no circumstance should anyone be even contemplating accepting relegation as something that might not be a bad thing - it would be a disaster.
We won't come back any time soon, our players just don't won't it enough, and the championship teams will see us as a cup final every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.