Remembering Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be thankful that he took us so far, but sadly he just didnt have enough to find that extra 10% when needed, despite whats happened since, I will always recall his time with us fondly.

The signs all point towards us having a "big game Manager" a Manager that can get the extra 10%, lets hope he can build on the, despite what others are trying to deny, excellent base left behind by Moyes.

No. Never been more against an idea than that. Going hell for leather is great if its a possibility, but hell for leather just for the fun of it is dangerous. I have had enough of severe beatings under Martinez this season to last me a solid decade. Never ever ever ever should 4 unfit players be started and risked just to chase a result. That isn't football, it's suicide. Moyes was much more pragmatic. And I trusted his defensive signings three or four lifetimes more than I do Martinez's.

Have a word with yourself mate.

1. So you'd rather we'd played 4-6-0 against Arsenal today and just scraped a good, solid, workmalike FANTASTIC point
2. We've been thumped twice this season, but one of those was not a reflection of the game. 3-1 away to City isn't a "severe beating" in my book. Not when they're tormenting every team that has the misfortune to face them at the Etihad.
3. Do we have the luxury of depth and choice like City or Spurs? No.
4. Would we have done West Ham away under Moyes, who would undoubtedly have benched Lukaku for at least until the hour once the Hammers were further in front? Would we have done Fulham away or Villa at home after dismal first halves? Not under Moyes.
5. He inherited a good defence, but saw fit to get shut of Heitinga at long last and has brought out the best in Stones and Coleman - Stones just astounds me every week without fail, and Coleman's only rival for POTS is probably McCarthy.

In conclusion, you sir, are a melt! SIN MIEDO!
1. Do it with Nyarko, Bilic, Kilbane, Naysmith, Pistone, Hughes, Alexandersson.
2. I didn't enjoy the crazy push for a goal that got us whacked at Arsenal in the Cup.
3. Depth and Choice like....City, Arsenal(pre injury), Spurs and yes Man U.
4. Moyes benched who? Try again.
5. Moyes signed Coleman for £65k, and sent him out to Blackpool before making him a first teamer. rewrite that.
Stones looks great for 19 but i'd rather Jagielka right now for the choice, and McCarthy is just shading Barry for me, but he knew him previously over how many years? Explain Alcaraz, and Robles. Kone gets a pass due to injury.

Moyes had a better than 1 in 3 transfer policy, and that's being gracious to Martinez.

Have a word with yourself mate.

I'd rather play with 9 men and set the battleship out infront of goal than setup like we did to get hammered 12 - 0 at out old home again.

That still stings.
Not bothering to explain any any further to the OOT's.

I'd rather play with 9 men and set the battleship out infront of goal than setup like we did to get hammered 12 - 0 at out old home again.

That still stings.
Not bothering to explain any any further to the OOT's.

Is right lad.

These bloody OOT, stealing all our tickets, where abar in L4 you live lad? I live in the bin outside the Hot Wok.

Is right lad.

These bloody OOT, stealing all our tickets, where abar in L4 you live lad? I live in the bin outside the Hot Wok.

Didn't like the ST move around 2 seasons ago where lifelong ticket holders suddenly found ourselves behind girders. And I don't live in L4, but have lived in a few areas in student digs. Laaa. Erm. Laa.
The Hot Wok?

1. Do it with Nyarko, Bilic, Kilbane, Naysmith, Pistone, Hughes, Alexandersson.
2. I didn't enjoy the crazy push for a goal that got us whacked at Arsenal in the Cup.
3. Depth and Choice like....City, Arsenal(pre injury), Spurs and yes Man U.
4. Moyes benched who? Try again.
5. Moyes signed Coleman for £65k, and sent him out to Blackpool before making him a first teamer. rewrite that.
Stones looks great for 19 but i'd rather Jagielka right now for the choice, and McCarthy is just shading Barry for me, but he knew him previously over how many years? Explain Alcaraz, and Robles. Kone gets a pass due to injury.

Moyes had a better than 1 in 3 transfer policy, and that's being gracious to Martinez.

I like playing with you :)
1. Doesn't make Moyes a better manager in my book, the Prem was not at the level it is now
2. Shyt happens, you win some you lose some, a Moyes squad wouldn't have been any closer to doing Arsenal in their own yard, admit it.
3. Those teams you listed we are more than a match for on our day, but they still have much greater resources. If half our squad is knackered before an Anfield derby then that's just hard cheese, we can't do a Middlesbrough and cancel just because our squad isn't in good shape!
4. I was stating what Moyes WOULD (or rather, wouldn't) have done if he'd been in charge of Everton for the West Ham game in September. 1-0 down, playing like dross, Lukaku on the bench. I couldn't imagine Moyes subbing the useless Jelavic for the Belgian Beast.

CASE STUDY: Do you remember when we lost to Spurs 2-1 at GP in Feb 2007? We were trailing and needed more strength in attack, so Moyes takes off the flip-hot Manny Fernandes and brings on none other than our top gooser Tony Hibbert! Now THAT is pragmatic(!)

5. Alright, I'll explain Alcaraz, Kone and Robles... unlike the rest of the squad, they have FA Cup winners medals, so they must be kind of OK at football.

Home is where you sleep, work is where you rinse every penny you can.
I don't want our beloved blues disabled due to carrying those asleep at the wheel or anywhere similar.
Just my opinion like, it aint my back yard and my umbilical cord wasn't cut in the shadow of Goodison.

I like playing with you :)
1. Doesn't make Moyes a better manager in my book, the Prem was not at the level it is now
2. Shyt happens, you win some you lose some, a Moyes squad wouldn't have been any closer to doing Arsenal in their own yard, admit it.
3. Those teams you listed we are more than a match for on our day, but they still have much greater resources. If half our squad is knackered before an Anfield derby then that's just hard cheese, we can't do a Middlesbrough and cancel just because our squad isn't in good shape!
4. I was stating what Moyes WOULD (or rather, wouldn't) have done if he'd been in charge of Everton for the West Ham game in September. 1-0 down, playing like dross, Lukaku on the bench. I couldn't imagine Moyes subbing the useless Jelavic for the Belgian Beast.

CASE STUDY: Do you remember when we lost to Spurs 2-1 at GP in Feb 2007? We were trailing and needed more strength in attack, so Moyes takes off the flip-hot Manny Fernandes and brings on none other than our top gooser Tony Hibbert! Now THAT is pragmatic(!)

5. Alright, I'll explain Alcaraz, Kone and Robles... unlike the rest of the squad, they have FA Cup winners medals, so they must be kind of OK at football.

Cake and eat it.

Ask Cardiff and Fulham what success this season is.

Sorry.....I don't tend to use Cardiff and Fulham as any yardstick when measuring what "success" is at Everton.

Two clubs which have shuffled up and down the lower leagues for most of the years I have been following football.

I am afraid that is what having Moyes here so long has done to your expectations at Goodison.

Lowered them.

Considerably

When did Moyes loan Drogba's understudy? The best he could get was Yakubu who went double awol.

That's a strange comment.

I don't believe Lukaku was ever "understudy" for Drogba at Chelsea.

The big lad would have been what, 17 or 18 in Didier's last season there?

He was never Drogba's "undestudy" from what I recall.

But one decent point you do raise there.

There is no reason why Moyes couldn't have moved in ahead of Baggies and borrowed Lukaku last season.

And BTW.....The Yak was doing OK for us until Moyes ruined him.

Thank feck that phrase has disappeared along with Moyes.

Hope not, if it does, it means we've done badly in the league.
Its not a phrase Moyes coined, its a media driven soundbite, if we're not punching above our weight, we are not doing as well as we did.

I think he did coin it, you know, but I am not certain.

It is a phrase he encouraged however, as it implied he had an impossible task.

All part of the myth of The Moyesiah :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back