Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way mate? Origi scored 2 in his first 13 games. I don't think there is any comparison as there is actually basis to the hype as Richarlison has scored 6 in the league this season and Origi has only scored more than 6 in a total league season twice, both being 7.
To be fair o don’t think he compared Ricarlison to Origi
He compared the fans reactions to both players

To be fair o don’t think he compared Ricarlison to Origi
He compared the fans reactions to both players
And as I say in the post following that one, they aren't comparable as there is actual basis to the hype for Richarlison as he is performing well for OUR team. Origi had 2 or 3 good games for Belgium and thats what they based him on. Most people here were lukewarm to the idea of paying 40 million+ on a lad who seemingly had a good half a season at Watford (I was) and now that we've seen what he can do for Everton and for the Brazil national team we can see he's a brilliant player. Origi never did anything in a Liverpool shirt so the hype was totally unjustified.

We didnt pay 70m Joseph.

35-50m, tops.
We have a habit of selling players before we get the best out of them in our long history, eg on Bally a commentator stated after we won the 1970 league title - Alan ball a million pounds would not buy this player = sold then 18 months later for £225,000 - Bobby Collins HC this player is past it sold to leeds for a mere £27, 000 to Leeds 2nd to bottom of the old league division 1 - two years later collins had then running for the the n Division one title and PFA footballer of the year - moulding a Leeds side with Giles and Bremner who dirty as they were dominated English football, Collins was replaced and we did win things in phases - Lukaku sold never really a player of his style replaced - unlike when we sold Joe Royle we splashed out big money for Bob Latchford, and ideal replacement, even though Joe had a bit of success with Man City......
If we become a perpetual selling club without replacement - what's the point of a new ground...........

Listen, this all started when I pointed out that he is level with Murray, people started coming back with "he is only 2 behind ageuro".

AS I said, it all feels a bit Origi to me. Let's just let him get on with it.

So now you’re comparing him to origi? Now who’s talking out of their hoop?

In what way mate? Origi scored 2 in his first 13 games. I don't think there is any comparison as there is actually basis to the hype as Richarlison has scored 6 in the league this season and Origi has only scored more than 6 in a total league season twice, both being 7.

One is Brazil’s number 9 the other is going on loan to Turkey in January

And as I say in the post following that one, they aren't comparable as there is actual basis to the hype for Richarlison as he is performing well for OUR team. Origi had 2 or 3 good games for Belgium and thats what they based him on. Most people here were lukewarm to the idea of paying 40 million+ on a lad who seemingly had a good half a season at Watford (I was) and now that we've seen what he can do for Everton and for the Brazil national team we can see he's a brilliant player. Origi never did anything in a Liverpool shirt so the hype was totally unjustified.

I confess I really didn’t see it when we signed him and even more so for 40m . I can see it now tho, he must have been shattered last season because whenever I seen him he looked nothing like he does now

Thanks, glad someone gets it
I get where you're coming from mate. We do tend to go overboard on new players who hit the ground running. It isn't just Richarlison this season either. We were creaming ourselves after Bernards first start away to Leicester, and some are already calling for him to be dropped. Gomes is getting the plaudits too and after a handful of games some are already comparing him to Everton greats like Harvey and Bracewell. Some are also saying Digne is better than Baines at his peak.

I may be wrong but I don't think I've seen you on those other threads asking people to hold back a bit on the praise.

The difference with Richarlison is that it isn't just our fans, or GOT posters, who are saying it. He's worked his way into the Brazilian squad and current and former players alike are heaping praise on him. He's also getting talked about a lot in the media. There's a lot of hype about him at the moment but it isn't just Everton fans doing it.

I get where you're coming from mate. We do tend to go overboard on new players who hit the ground running. It isn't just Richarlison this season either. We were creaming ourselves after Bernards first start away to Leicester, and some are already calling for him to be dropped. Gomes is getting the plaudits too and after a handful of games some are already comparing him to Everton greats like Harvey and Bracewell. Some are also saying Digne is better than Baines at his peak.

I may be wrong but I don't think I've seen you on those other threads asking people to hold back a bit on the praise.

The difference with Richarlison is that it isn't just our fans, or GOT posters, who are saying it. He's worked his way into the Brazilian squad and current and former players alike are heaping praise on him. He's also getting talked about a lot in the media. There's a lot of hype about him at the moment but it isn't just Everton fans doing it.

Yep, I agree with a lot of what you say there.I have actually said similar about Bernard, at this moment in time Zaha is a better premier league player (the thread was about that) and I got shot down for that too. I obvioisly think Ricco is far better than Murray and pereyra but, at the moment they have very similar stats. That is all I was saying.
It is amazing just how upset people have been by this, it is me comparing their goal tally yet people making out like I have killed a kitten. It's hilarious if not a bit tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back