2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read his quotes with FIFA about giving up his holiday to play in the Copa and Olympics. I call BS and bet he still has a holiday and we see him after the international break.
I’m not really sure why he’d say it if he didn’t mean it given we were all expecting to miss him for the first few games.
I doubt he’ll be thrown straight in the starting line up given he’s not trained with the team once under Benitez but it’d be nice to have him on the bench if he is coming straight back.

Sure will make a lot of people look silly if he does come back for the first game and actually does care about us and is actually just really grateful we gave him permission…

We haven't spent a huge amount since that summer of utter madness when Koeman was manager and Walsh DOF. And there are still poor players from that time being given more chances.

We dont move players on. If you aren't willing to make tough decisions to move players on then you will never improve.

Anyway, Richarlison is literally one of about 3 players we have who i would be disappointed to lose. Having him in the side makes us better, even when he plays poorly.
If other clubs don't want to pay our evaluation or the players' wage demands (more likely), it doesn't matter how willing the club is to make tough decisions.

If other clubs don't want to pay our evaluation or the players' wage demands (more likely), it doesn't matter how willing the club is to make tough decisions.
We need to take what is being offered and lower our demands. Do what it takes to move players on.

There's been talk for example, that we are asking 50m for Kean. That's clearly never going to happen so we need to be realistic.

Just read they are playing 3 games in the South American World Cup qualifiers in the September and October breaks so that’s another 2 games he will miss.

We need to take what is being offered and lower our demands. Do what it takes to move players on.

There's been talk for example, that we are asking 50m for Kean. That's clearly never going to happen so we need to be realistic.
That's all there has been though. We don't really know.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that tough decisions need to be made by the club. I just think they should be made earlier, at the moment of signing players and negotiating salaries. Some one should be saying ''no, we're not paying that.'' Which, being realistic, is what other clubs are saying to us and our dross now.

There is also talk of a lot less. We don’t know what we want and what was offered.

The other problem is that we cannot sell for lower than the players book value or it will be an accounting loss and push us further into the red.

If Richy is supposed to be taking a break after the Olympics, it seems a little odd that he's back in Liverpool (he's put up pictures with his dogs). Wouldn't he be somewhere sunny/back in Brazil for a bit? That says to me that he might be available for the start of the season

If Richy is supposed to be taking a break after the Olympics, it seems a little odd that he's back in Liverpool (he's put up pictures with his dogs). Wouldn't he be somewhere sunny/back in Brazil for a bit? That says to me that he might be available for the start of the season
I think he’s a very genuine honest lad (diving for free kicks aside lol)
If he says he’s coming back and feeling fit and it was his holiday he cut short rather than the start of our season then I believe him… whether Benitez will play him after only seeing him for a couple of training sessions remains to be seen…

I think he’s a very genuine honest lad (diving for free kicks aside lol)
If he says he’s coming back and feeling fit and it was his holiday he cut short rather than the start of our season then I believe him… whether Benitez will play him after only seeing him for a couple of training sessions remains to be seen…

If he wants to play then no harm in sticking him on the bench on Saturday. Although that may deprive us the luxury of having 2 goalkeepers on the bench.

Just read his quotes with FIFA about giving up his holiday to play in the Copa and Olympics. I call BS and bet he still has a holiday and we see him after the international break.

It's not that.

The players have to, because of fatigue, be given a certain amount of time off every year.

That's usually 3 weeks - obviously if players aren't involved in major tournaments, they get more time on top of that. Richarlison had a week between the Copa finishing and jetting off to Japan.

Richarlison will have to have at least 10 days from the weekend just gone before he returns to training. I imagine he'll be back either just before or after the Leeds game. If push came to shove, I'd say a return to training is likely to be August 30th.

So he may be fit enough to make a sub appearance in that league cup tie or that next PL game.

The good thing is, while his body needs the rest, he won't lose any sharpness as he's been playing high level footy all summer. It's just about managing his fitness.

If he wants to play then no harm in sticking him on the bench on Saturday. Although that may deprive us the luxury of having 2 goalkeepers on the bench.

I'd be surprised if we see him back before Leeds but you never know.

Target will be to have him starting by the first game back in September, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.