2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is, who can afford him. If Arsenal are buying Jesus for big money and looking at Raphinha, that’s them out. If Spurs don’t want to part with the £50m you want, that’s them out. Chelsea might be an option but I think the bulk of their transfer funds will go on central defenders and perhaps Rice. That leaves Villa and Newcastle as the only clubs that can afford him. United perhaps? But again, I think they need central midfielders and central defenders at high cost (FDJ - £60m) and when they have Ronaldo for another year they won’t need Richarlison.

The question is, who can afford him. If Arsenal are buying Jesus for big money and looking at Raphinha, that’s them out. If Spurs don’t want to part with the £50m you want, that’s them out. Chelsea might be an option but I think the bulk of their transfer funds will go on central defenders and perhaps Rice. That leaves Villa and Newcastle as the only clubs that can afford him. United perhaps? But again, I think they need central midfielders and central defenders at high cost (FDJ - £60m) and when they have Ronaldo for another year they won’t need Richarlison.
Then he stays mert .

I think your fairly spot on there actually.
and he won't sign for Villa or Newcastle. He'll only leave for CL football.
So it's Chelsea or RM for me.
If a suitable offer doesn't come in, I can see him agreeing to stay till the January window.
So he puts himself in the shop window at the WC and still gets to sign for a CL team at the business end of the competition and at a lower fee as he'll be later in his contract.

Pepe may not have worked but the market at the time was higher on him for a reason. Nunez is higher for a reason. Unfortunately when you're scoring 10ish goals a season in the league that you're being bought for the assumption is you might bump that a little and not that you're going to win the golden boot so teams aren't paying 70m.
And it's just been 7 in each of the last two seasons when you strip out pens - no one is getting 70 mill excited about that. You're right he doesn't get the unknown quantity bonus. Probable back up territory for a top 6 side.

Hold up for as much as poss but take something around 50 if we can get it

Might end up going to another team abroad

You are a bit mistaken here mate.

Spurs have already nodded over 50m. We have rejected it. We want over 60m at latest request, and given prices for Raphina, probably more.

Villas money is as good as anyones. I just cant see a world where he would to take at best a sideways step.

Bayern, Madrid, PSG all looked at him. Sides will always be interested in the Brazil number 9, and cant see us selling for less than 60m. If Villa bid that, who knows.

The market is set by what someone is willing to pay. The market for Richarlison is not going to be the same as the market for Nunez or Pepe because no one is willing to pay that numbers.

Now you're going to say don't sell and I personally don't see that as an option because we will either go down, lose him for a lot less next summer, or very possibly both.

What did Arsenal bid for Raphina?

You are a bit mistaken here mate.

Spurs have already nodded over 50m. We have rejected it. We want over 60m at latest request, and given prices for Raphina, probably more.

Villas money is as good as anyones. I just cant see a world where he would to take at best a sideways step.

Bayern, Madrid, PSG all looked at him. Sides will always be interested in the Brazil number 9, and cant see us selling for less than 60m. If Villa bid that, who knows.

I know. He isn’t going to Villa.

Well do we want to sell him or not? If you don't then sure wait for 75m but we'll be in really bad shape both financially and with what we can put on the field.

If you want to sell him you've got to come down.

Spurs have allegedly opened with 51m. We apparently want 60m. The gap isnt that big. I suspect a deal can be done, but I'm not sure we get to 75m.

Status
Not open for further replies.