Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how you are all convinced there is no injury based on absolutely no evidence

Why didn't he say baines was injured too?

He's been dropped.

How will he feel if Martinez is protecting Tim and stones but not him

Del can't get near the pitch suddenly either. Why doesn't he get to be injured

Ridiculous theory
Baines is only part training re his ankle and Del needs a break which we can all see.

Obvious negatives and positives to Martinez but it definitely reads like an agenda when people ignore poor luck, poor referee decisions and the fact that this side which everyone seems to agree has massive potential was largely brought together and given confidence by the manager you are berating.
People even seem to be accusing him of sticking too long with Stones, and yet just a few games ago he was the Messiah and Mori was dodgy.
There isn't a manager on earth that isn't balancing negatives with positives. I've been firmly on the fence most of Martinez time here, but now think it would be a huge mistake to disrupt what's going on.
I've no idea why Howard has been first choice, not just in recent months but going right back to Moyes time. I have no idea why we hadn't made any effort to cover a huge gap in experience in central defence, but the problem did seem to be becoming obvious during Moyes reign.
It's possible that we were just caught in a transition between DM philosophy of bringing in experienced players when needed, often gambling on bargains and RM determination to bring through younger players to gradually grow into the side and replace older players. It's left a gap and left young players exposed but in the long term may be much more beneficial.
Just a theory that he has felt we couldn't put too much pressure too soon on a young back four but didn't want to bring in experienced cover who may block their progress, but it's as valid as claiming he is blind to flaws of certain players.

We've only won two league games in a row. Yes we played well in both games, very well actually but let's not overreact

The common sense of taking no factual evidence and coming up with a theory that supports your point of view?

Just like a conspiracy theorist

There was no on pitch injury to any of the three dropped. It seems fairly easy to put together the fact that they are all on the bench and available but didn't play down to them being dropped.

It's just logical.

Definitely agree Martinez attracts a better calibre of player and I certainly do accept that there is a quality team trying to get out. Just not sure if he's the man I trust with all the great tools at his disposal.

Keep performing like yesterday though and I will have no complaints as more balanced performances and team line ups = wins.

I think it's coming, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back