Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put all the negatives in detailed format, year,result,ground

But then put all the positives in the small print

I guess it works for you...
Next time i'll do all your research for you, and put it all in an easy-to-read table. Sorry for not spoon-feeding you enough this time, my bad.

Also in some of your negatives there are results that any of the top teams could of piled up during a 3 year period, so you appear to me to be another Person who has the grandeur and self entitlement that we are better than the rest.
Easy mistake for you to make, given your apparent proclivity for ignoring what is stated. And the obvious logical flaw in your argument is that the "top" teams don't amass such a regular collection of poor draws and losses against teams in the lower part of the table - that's exactly why they are top teams, and we are not.

No need for help, just need balanced discussion - which you have in your response...to be fair
So you've spent two or three posts now accusing me of lacking balance in my assessment of Martinez's string of poor results, only to now acknowledge my discussion is balanced? :bye:

Next time i'll do all your research for you, and put it all in an easy-to-read table. Sorry for not spoon-feeding you enough this time, my bad.

Easy mistake for you to make, given your apparent proclivity for ignoring what is stated. And the obvious logical flaw in your argument is that the "top" teams don't amass such a regular collection of poor draws and losses against teams in the lower part of the table - that's exactly why they are top teams, and we are not.

So you've spent two or three posts now accusing me of lacking balance in my assessment of Martinez's string of poor results, only to now acknowledge my discussion is balanced? :bye:
If honest I can't be bothered replying

If at that point Baines comes in then he'll be under scrutiny and hopefully will rise to the occasion.

Under scrutiny from you and maybe two or three other posters on here.

I cannot fathom why anybody would want to spend so much time winding up other fans on a forum of a club who plays a sport that you don't seem to really understand.

Baffling...but whatever floats your boat

No amount of quality results make the criticisms of the past any less valid..
However, you can only claim to be objective if you praise the positive results also.

We are finally on a back to back run, playing well and actually defending. Fair play, keep it up and we can start to make some big in roads into teams that across the board are having relatively poor seasons.. except Leicester and Spurs of course, we could of been much higher, but we could actually of been worse off and the squad looks fit and happy currently too so its looking good at the mo.

Some say Howard isn't injured but has been dropped, and the injury is an excuse, tell you what, if Robles keeps performing like he is and keeps his place for a while to come, Martinez is going to have to come out and say Howard has broken his leg in twenty places!

He's slipped into a magical deep sleep and can only be revived by true loves first kiss.. or an injury to Robles.
Since no one seems to love him around here anymore, he will be hoping for his replacement to be involved in a freak yachting accident on the M5 I suspect.

Under scrutiny from you and maybe two or three other posters on here.

I cannot fathom why anybody would want to spend so much time winding up other fans on a forum of a club who plays a sport that you don't seem to really understand.

Baffling...but whatever floats your boat
What?!

Winding up over Baines v Oviedo? Pfffft. Baines isn't at the races. That's why he's out. It's not even controversial. Maybe your a Baines fan or something.

Baines: I'm going to call it - he's way past his best by about two seasons. I actually think selling him to United would have been for the best.

I wouldnt have said that at the time, I was worried about him starting an exodus of all our good players. Ive come round to the idea now that as a club, we should be looking to sell players while they have some worth and replacing them with young, hungrier players. For all Martinez's faults, I would trust him to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back