Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley, Lukaku, Galloway, Besic...probably cost the club £40M for the lot. Now you'd get back if they were sold in today's market about £160M. The value added coming from the coaching of RM and the opportunity he's afforded them to become established PL players.

Chairmen (any chairman of any top flight club in any top European league) will be salivating over that.

Roberto will be much sort after.
err

what they see is a manager who has brought into a club a cluster of some of the finest developing talent in European football
Stones, Deulofeu, Barkley, Lukaku, Galloway, Besic....

Stones was wrestled away from RM when he was at Wigan, so there's no doubting he saw his potential before he arrived here.

Besides, this is a coaching/opportunity issue primarily.

You see what you've done there is spouted nonsense.
The board seeing a manager who bought in players that he didn't actually bring in is not a coaching issue.. Its a Davek issue.

You see what you've done there is spouted nonsense.
The board seeing a manager who bought in players that he didn't actually bring in is not a coaching issue.. Its a Davek issue.
Barkley would not be half the player he is now under most managers. The patience and trust Martinez has shown in him is phenomenal and that's why he is in this great moment of his career.

That old line. Ruined Ross didn't he, supporting him through a triple leg break (even going to his house), in the first team at 17, European debuts, starts at number 10 at the Emirates and WHL. Absolutely wrecked the lad.
He got that when he loaned him out to some ale house team. Nice of him to bring him some grapes in ozzy though.

That old line. Ruined Ross didn't he, supporting him through a triple leg break (even going to his house), in the first team at 17, European debuts, starts at number 10 at the Emirates and WHL. Absolutely wrecked the lad.

Dropped him when he was just starting to come good, shipped him off on loan to Leeds and Sheff Weds, the former barely played him on Moyes instructions

Nope.

Baffled how people can give Martinez credit for God given talent.
Well, he gave him a lot of lattitude. Other managers would have had him out of the team until he learned what was possible to do in different parts of the pitch and what was not possible. There's been a lot of teething problems but now we have a real jewel on our hands who's decision making has been fast tracked through by a manager keeping faith with him.

Well, he gave him a lot of lattitude. Other managers would have had him out of the team until he learned what was possible to do in different parts of the pitch and what was not possible. There's been a lot of teething problems but now we have a real jewel on our hands who's decision making has been fast tracked through by a manager keeping faith with him.

We have a supremely talented footballer who went backwards for a whole year and is the player he is now DESPITE the awful coaching hes had to endure.

I point you towards Lukaku quotes prior to the season :

"I feel way fitter. Of course, last year, without any pre-season, starting in the league, it took me six months before I got to my level, but now I am fit so there is no excuse for me to perform like I did last year.'

Lukaku revealed how he trained up to three hours a day during the summer, working out in the United States after an introduction by Manchester United's Memphis Depay.

'I trained when I was in America with some guys there, then I trained when I was in Belgium as well,' he said.

"The gaffer is an utter joke with his training"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back