Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we compete with our players? No

Why?

As you keep banging that drum it's only fair to mention that we came 5th with a smaller squad. Every week it's something or other with you, isn't it?

10 other sides (Ok - if you exclude city & arsenal then 8) are doing better than us with similar/lesser squads. All very well blaming it on one position in particular; we're better equipped in several other positions than a good few of those other sides...Some of them across the whole of the outfield. A few of them have not-so-good keepers themselves.

Going on about the lead we had over city in the chamberpot - but you conveniently omit the many times in the league when we've let leads slip; citing (complaining) that 'We can't compete'?

What's coming out of the hat next, I wonder?

Why?

As you keep banging that drum it's only fair to mention that we came 5th with a smaller squad.
Every week it's something or other with you, isn't it?

10 other sides (Ok - if you exclude city & arsenal then 8) are doing better than us with similar/lesser squads. All very well blaming it on one position in particular; we're better equipped in several other positions than a good few of those other sides...Some of them across the whole of the outfield. A few of them have not-so-good keepers themselves.

Going on about the lead we had over city in the chamberpot - but you conveniently omit the many times in the league when we've let leads slip; citing (complaining) that 'We can't compete'?

What's coming out of the hat next, I wonder?

Go back and read the post.

You didn't read it through then.

Sorry, I cant help you out anymore than I have already here.

Endex.

Help me out?

Devastating repartee, touche. :confused:

Do yourself a favour. Seeing as your heart's set on point-blank refusal to recognise your ambiguity & self-contradiction; don't make it worse for yourself by continuing to post the same contradictory, ambiguous, self-defeating drivel that you have been throughout the entire thread.

The only failure (of sorts) I acknowledge from this season is the failure to make a 3-1 aggregate scoreline against Man City in the second leg count as a winning margin and get to a cup final - because that was a realistic target and in our grasp and we failed to defend it adequately against a frankly ropey City team. .

So you don't consider the current home record a failure? draws with Watford and Palace. Defeats to Swansea, West Brom, Leicester, Stoke and thrashed by Man U following on from defeats in May last season to Sunderland and Spurs?

Amazing how standards have slipped under this fella!

Our last 16 home games in the league have seen just 4 victories. Those being against Sunderland, Newcastle, Villa and a very out of form Chelsea. Put that into context, that reads - L L D L W D L W W D L L D L W L

For a side of our alledged quality, 50% of home games lost, that's pretty appalling!

I have to say on one point I agree with davek. Kneejerking. But it works both ways.

I've been martinez out for a while but the amount of people changing their vote depending on the result of the last match is comical.

So you don't consider the current home record a failure?

Nope.

Nor the amount of letting two goal leads slip.

Apparently our players aren't good enough to compete, neither....They would be if we had a 'keeper though.

Now, if were in the CC or FAC final there'd be nothing wrong with the quality of our squad; and we'd all be kneejerking...

Martinez doesn't win at Bournemouth and doesn't win the derby (Comprehensively an all) then I'll have lost faith in him.

Nope.

Nor the amount of letting two goal leads slip.

Apparently our players aren't good enough to compete, neither....They would be if we had a 'keeper though.

Now, if were in the CC or FAC final there'd be nothing wrong with the quality of our squad; and we'd all be kneejerking...

Martinez doesn't win at Bournemouth and doesn't win the derby (Comprehensively an all) then I'll have lost faith in him.

Thanks to your post, I actually just realised he said this too lollol
Look, things are getting more and more competitive in this league. Can we compete with our players? No, not until we sort a GK position out good and proper and strengthen the back four considerably. If we do that then we can talk about giving the financial elite clubs a scare next season. But this club's supporters should never expect any such season. As an ambition yes, but never an expectation.

Leicester have a back 4 of journeyman Danny Simpson, Robert Huth, 32 year old Wes Morgan and Fuchs.Thus blowing this point completely out of the water. They are just better organised and have a manager they believe in.

As for our players not being good enough to compete, that's possibly one of the most stupid comments I have ever read on here.

Thanks to your post, I actually just realised he said this too lollol

Leicester have a back 4 of journeyman Danny Simpson, Robert Huth, 32 year old Wes Morgan and Fuchs.Thus blowing this point completely out of the water. They are just better organised and have a manager they believe in.

As for our players not being good enough to compete, that's possibly one of the most stupid comments I have ever read on here.

Except you're totally wrong....Somehow or other. Most likely you didn't read his post:coffee:

Best squad for years (keepers apart) and we keep losing or gifting goals, if he would put his hand up and admit he can't coach defence to safe his life and get the club to hire one then he may get my vote back.

I voted out a while ago because he's lost the plot. Kone FFS on for Cleverly when he's got Kev on the bench!

This season has been dreadful. The home form is like something from the Walter Smith era and we are now, yet again, relying on an unlikely FA Cup miracle to salvage it.

I really wanted Martinez to succeed here, but 14 months on from the first alarmingly bad defensive calamities, nothing has changed.
I guess he will get till at least the end of the season, but I am not sure he will ever get the balance right between a solid defence and a potent attack, especially when our overall work ethic when not in possession of the ball is so lacklustre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back