Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you should know what's happened then mate: you get to a point from midway last season where the home crowd became a drag on their own team's best efforts.

They are short of confidence in front of their own support and feel more liberated to play a better game away from home. That is a damning fact, and it's not the players or manager who are the damned ones either. Want home wins all the time?: dont scream at them that they're hopeless muck. Easy really.

Quite.

Some might argue that it was the boring nature of the football on display last Decenber and January which drew the adverse reaction from the crowd.

And they would be right.

But that is not the point in question and which you so studiously seek to avoid with a nonsensical, paranoid rant about the matchgoing fans.....i.e the paying customers.

You made a ridiculous statement about it doesn't "matter" if we gain the majority of our points away from home.

And it probably doesn't to armchair fans.

But 40,000 Goodison Park matchgoers tend to disagree with you.

We like to see our team winning.

And it ain't happening often enough.

And for you to try pinning the blame on us is really scraping the bottom of what is fast becoming a very deep barrel.

Simple as.

Quite.

Some might argue that it was the boring nature of the football on display last Decenber and January which drew the adverse reaction from the crowd.

And they would be right.

But that is not the point in question and which you so studiously seek to avoid with a nonsensical, paranoid rant about the matchgoing fans.....i.e the paying customers.

You made a ridiculous statement about it doesn't "matter" if we gain the majority of our points away from home.

And it probably doesn't to armchair fans.

But 40,000 Goodison Park matchgoers tend to disagree with you.

We like to see our team winning.

And it ain't happening often enough.

And for you to try pinning the blame on us is really scraping the bottom of what is fast becoming a very deep barrel.

Simple as.
I see 3-0 wins away from home at notoriously difficult places like Stoke being celebrated and urged on by the match going away fans (who also were right on board with Roberto in their celebrations).

I wonder if theres a lesson to be learned there?

I see 3-0 wins away from home at notoriously difficult places like Stoke being celebrated and urged on by the match going away fans (who also were right on board with Roberto in their celebrations).

I wonder if theres a lesson to be learned there?[/QUOTE]

Definitely.
Win an occasional home game.

So you dont agree that we are playing the best football since the 80s...but you do agree it's been much better than the 90s and noughties? Right, that's cleared that one up. :oops:
For the umpteenth time you are either misreading or deliberately misinterpreting. I clearly said that YES we are playing our best football since the 80s. HOWEVER the football in the intervening period was turgid, so the absolute value of the statement is somewhat curtailed. There has been no contradiction or inconsistency in my statement... you just don't appear to want to accept it.

Conveniently forgetting that we finished top 5 also.
Once.
Three years ago.
With a squad containing more of Moyes' players and less of Roberto's purchases.
As more of Moyes' players have left or play a reduced role we find ourselves playing fluid attacking football, yet defending so much more poorly that we have dropped down the table noticeably.
Hmmmmmm.

'Nonsensical statements': what, dealing with the illogical fume from the usual lost souls with some actual facts?

The word you're search for isn't 'wumming', it's 'inconvenient'.

Your frustration at failing to be handed a clear run at blackguarding this manager and presenting him falsely as someone who's failed and under threat gets the better of you. All of the time. Sorry, but that's your problem not mine. You need to avoid personal insults and focus more on your analysis of where we actually stand as a club led by Roberto. I honestly dont think you can do that though, such is the extreme subjective position you've taken up. You're not alone there like. Unfortunately.
You don't "deal" with the "illogical fume" mate. You possess neither the analytical discursive ability, nor the remit, to do so. Instead you make vague, sweeping statements and repeatedly attempt to undermine other people's posts with articulate, yet snide and shallow comments. You certainly aren't refuting any of the criticism of Martinez with your "facts", because many of these "facts" are qualified at best (best football since the 80s, for instance) and some are downright wrong. None of this is inconvenient to anyone but you.

I neither feel nor display the frustration you suggest. I don't need you, or anyone else, to grant me a "clear run" at "blackguarding" Martinez. I have pointedly AGREED with you that, due to the Board, Martinez is NOT under threat. Nevertheless he has not succeeded in terms of improving Everton's league position over time - we have dropped down the league standings each year so far and have only in recent weeks managed to drag ourselves up into the top half of the table. This, to almost everyone except you, represents failure so far.

These comments, and the previous ones you have attempted to obfuscate, are EXACTLY the type of analysis you claim critics of Martinez do not use. These comments are not subjective - they are objective, based on results achieved by Martinez since his arrival at Everton. Why do you insist on pretending otherwise, if not to WUM?

People going on about our predictable style of play. Last season that was a valid criticism. This seson we've been so predictable we've scored more goals than 75% of the premier league. The other end of the pitch needs sorting but please, we're not shipping goals because of what we do with the ball. The problem is what we do when we haven't got it. Or to be more precise, what we don't do.

Would be good if we won the odd home game. These last 2 seasons have been the worst for going the match by a mile.

I've been 5 games so far this season, we've lost 4 of them. I also went to the last 2 home games of last season which we lost against Tottenham and effing Sunderland. It's grim going to Goodison these days.

Would be good if we won the odd home game. These last 2 seasons have been the worst for going the match by a mile.

I've been 5 games so far this season, we've lost 4 of them. I also went to the last 2 home games of last season which we lost against Tottenham and effing Sunderland. It's grim going to Goodison these days.
your attendance is part time therefore stop crying you drain.

Dear Eric, please stop going the game

Yours sincerely

maccavennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back