Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave is earning all the hate he's getting in this thread. His high-octane WUMming is becoming distinctly annoying.
so, what you're saying is Dave is a wum, you know he's a wum, everyone knows he's a wum, yet you all, like brain-dead morons continue to argue with him?

Would that be right?

so, what you're saying is Dave is a wum, you know he's a wum, everyone knows he's a wum, yet you all, like brain-dead morons continue to argue with him?

Would that be right?

Woahhhhhhhhhh
Dave's a WUM ?

light-bulb-moment.jpg

I have always admired @davek and his fight even if I do disagree with the majority of it, quite contradicting in most parts though and here is why (only my opinion): (bearing in mind I wanted bobby as manager so I admittedly hold my hands up to say I over hyped the guy).....

- Most exciting football in a long time yet a lot of fans are falling asleep at the home games, poor atmosphere and such.
- Added £100m in value to the team, yet he plays Osman and Kone over Mirallas. Cue the transfer requests in the summer.
- One of the best managers in the world, yet he cant organise a defence, also see the Osman & Kone reference above plus Howard.
- Talked about taking Everton forward, unlucky not to get CL footy in his first year, then followed that up with midtable and another possible midtable finish this year. Again possible departures to top 4 teams in the summer.
- Best squad In years (something bobby contributed to massively) yet fails to get the best out of them. See midtable finishes above.

Now here is the best part and something I expect da-vek to grill me over:
In most jobs especially those in the spotlight such as football, you will always find players, staff, owners and such compared to their predecessor, its a measuring stick to see if we have gone forward or backwards, so here goes - David Moyes:

- Moyes took us from bottom 4 to top four once and top 6 in most seasons Martinez has top 5 once and what looks like two midtables. Moyes has the edge on this.
- Moyes built from the back of a tough defence with balance and a knack of grinding out results Martinez builds on a attack based philosophy with the inability to win from 2-0 up. More confident in moyes getting a result than Martinez (personal opinion)
- Moyes spent 10 years building a fortress at home, as a platform for a decent push to the top 6 Martinez has destroyed it in 18 months. Moyes has the upper hand in this aspect.
- Moyes had a poor record against the SKY top four yet its forgotten that he beat Man City home and away multiple times Martinez has also beaten SKY top four teams and Manchester United Away, other than that Martinez has a pretty poor record himself. Both poor records away from home.
- Moyes brought in Howard, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Mirallas, Yakubu, Distin, Rooney to name a few who gave us a strong core Martinez has brought in Stones (to a degree) barkley (moyes was there but ross had a broken leg) Lukaku, Delboy, Mccarthy and Lennon. Both good in the transfer market.

Overall I would feel more confident with moyes in charge, I feel that if we didn't pick up three points, its rare that we would leave with none, although draws seem to be high under Martinez too, I feel however moyes was literally 'a Lukaku' away from having a complete side, with Martinez I feel we are always a few singings away from a complete side, I only say that because Martinez has the inability to defend and set up a balanced side we were used to under moyes.
Im not saying to get moyes back because that ship has sailed, but I feel that we have to be fair 'stagnated' under Martinez at the midtable point, at least moyes stagnated around the top 6 because we had no money to break the top four.
I also find a lot of people say Martinez is under achieving yet they throw the 'lets get moyes back then ehh' shout in to degrade the anti Martinez faction, usually they tend to be anti moyes desperate for Martinez to succeed group - not just because they want Everton to do well but because they want to stick two fingers up to moyes. We all want what's best for Everton regardless.

My only issue now would be who do we get in TODAY ? Maybe we should wait until the summer to weigh things up, look now but don't sack the manager for the sake of it.

Arguing over Martinez is like a head vs heart battle, in your heart you want him to succeed and prove us all wrong, but your head is saying he will be naïve all the way. Something my grandad was told well before Martinez joined us, of course they won the FA CUP and was n a state of delirium, yet they all knew after one year Martinez would not change his possession based game even if results were affected by it.

To be fair id be buzzing to get the FA CUP part sorted first ;)

I see 3-0 wins away from home at notoriously difficult places like Stoke being celebrated and urged on by the match going away fans (who also were right on board with Roberto in their celebrations).

I wonder if theres a lesson to be learned there?
Yeah but 4 home wins in 10 months whats all that about.
Its a pity your paper only shows the away results dude or you would realise coco is out of his depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back