Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with my missus whose a Kopite for 16 years, a proper red I would say in the sense that she's slightly less delusional than the rest of them bells ( most of the time ). Even she conceded that was the easiest derby she can ever remember and the most gutless from us. I can't remember a more gutless display where the scruffs have basically had target practice all game even against 11 men.

Like ped said on toffee TV, even when we had the guff of tiler, mitch ward etc they went out and fought tooth and nail, passion was high if the skills set was low. At least leave with your head held high

I am a red so know ill just get kicked but came on here to make a serious point. I was at the game tonight and we all know yous were fortunate to only get done by 4 but Everton were a shambles tonight and that has to be down to the manager with the players you have. There was no passion or heart and they are obviously not playing for him. I was shocked to hear on city fm that apparently duncan ferguson isnt allowed in the dressing room despite being on the coaching staff! Whats that all about?? He would have made sure you at least had some fight in you. I honestly want you to win on saturday and go on and win the cup but i cant see it after witnessing that performance. Id seriously sack martinez tomorrow and make duncan interim manager. He may have no experience but you can guarentee he will make those players at least fight for the shirt. Thoughts blues?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/662931/Everton-news-Roberto-Martinez-next-manager

Next Everton manager: Five men who could replace Roberto Martinez at Goodison Park
ROBERTO MARTINEZ is running out of time at Everton.
By BRUCE ARCHER
PUBLISHED: 21:51, Wed, Apr 20, 2016 | UPDATED: 22:00, Wed, Apr 20, 2016

Roberto-Martinez-662931.jpg
GETTY

Roberto Martinez is running out of time at Everton
Tonight's Merseyside derby embarrassment is the final straw for some fans with voices on Twitter calling for his head.

The Toffees sit 11th with their season now riding on Saturday's FA Cup semi-final withManchester United.

But who could take over if Martinez gets the bullet?

Who could replace Roberto Martinez at Everton?
Wed, April 20, 2016
Who could replace Roberto Martinez at Everton if he is sacked?

127880.jpg

EVERTON FC VIA GETTY IMAGES
1 of 6
Roberto Martinez's future at Goodison Park looks increasingly uncertain, but who could replace the under-pressure Toffees boss?

David Moyes
David Moyes is the big favourite with the bookies.

Moyes spent 11 years at Goodison Park before his disastrous spell at Manchester United.

He then went to Spain but was dumped by Real Sociedad after a year in charge.

He's also being talked about for the Aston Villa and Celtic jobs - as well as possibly Swansea - but a return to Everton may suit him better, although he will always be seen as the man that left for a bigger club and got it wrong.

Marcelo Bielsa
Marcelo Bielsa would be straight out of left-field.

The loco Argentine left Marseille after one game this season, storming out of his press conference announcing his departure.

Would certainly be interesting but maybe not the right fit for a club crying out for a bit of defensive organisation.

His pressing, high tempo style can be easy on the eye but often runs players into the ground and he may struggle with the constant intensity of the Premier League.

Jose Mourinho
Reports from last weekend linked Jose Mourinho with the job.

However he's likely to be next in at Old Trafford - and PSG are lining him up if Louis van Gaal stays or they go with Ryan Giggs.

Everton would be a strange fit, and it probably won't happen.

Manuel Pellegrini
Manuel Pellegrini is leaving Manchester City this summer and has said he's like to stay in the Premier League if possible.

However he too struggles with defensive organisation, so could be similar to Martinez.

Roberto Mancini
The Inter Milan boss is often linked with English jobs after a good spell at City.

The way he was shown the door was poor - with Pellegrini basically being appointed the day before the FA Cup final - but he's done a decent job since.

One of the names in the frame for the Italy job when Antonio Conte joins Chelsea.

Like ped said on toffee TV, even when we had the guff of tiler, mitch ward etc they went out and fought tooth and nail, passion was high if the skills set was low. At least leave with your head held high

I said it to the missus mate, I've seen some absolute crap pull on the Everton shirt but I haven't seen a worse Everton derby performance in my Everton supporting life. We've just been bummed 4-0 and I don't think any of us are shocked by that.

Just watching the game again now, first 15 minutes ( apart from oviedo slice ) we are absolutely all over them, pressing and harrowing and Milner gets booked and Barry and James are right on top of the ref. Then......
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing

I said it to the missus mate, I've seen some absolute crap pull on the Everton shirt but I haven't seen a worse Everton derby performance in my Everton supporting life. We've just been bummed 4-0 and I don't think any of us are shocked by that.

Just watching the game again now, first 15 minutes ( apart from oviedo slice ) we are absolutely all over them, pressing and harrowing and Milner gets booked and Barry and James are right on top of the ref. Then......
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing

Why would you do this to yourself you absolute masochistic glutton?.

If RM was a dog, he would of been put down by now.
Please board show some leadership and stop making us an embarrassment.

It cannot be allowed to be repeated on Saturday.

Get a motivator in temporarily, anyone who's played for the club and won something.

I am a red so know ill just get kicked but came on here to make a serious point. I was at the game tonight and we all know yous were fortunate to only get done by 4 but Everton were a shambles tonight and that has to be down to the manager with the players you have. There was no passion or heart and they are obviously not playing for him. I was shocked to hear on city fm that apparently duncan ferguson isnt allowed in the dressing room despite being on the coaching staff! Whats that all about?? He would have made sure you at least had some fight in you. I honestly want you to win on saturday and go on and win the cup but i cant see it after witnessing that performance. Id seriously sack martinez tomorrow and make duncan interim manager. He may have no experience but you can guarentee he will make those players at least fight for the shirt. Thoughts blues?
I've had the same chat with my RS mates tonight pal.

There wasn't even any of the usual gloating, wind ups, Heysel stuff or general stick tonight.

We know we're gash, you know we were gash.. And it was just automatic.

We were lucky to get away with 4.

And thanks for posting that btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back