Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I've been wanting him to go for years. I saw through him ages ago. And having thought about it, the people saying "Can it get worse" and talking about the atmosphere if he remains until the end of the season have a very good point, and are probably right. But the thought of being managerless doesn't make me feel great either. Every single news report will start with... Managerless Everton.

I concede it may be for the best, but it isn't an appetising prospect at all. It will make me feel like it's 1997 again but without the boss tunes.
Fair enough. I'd put Joe Royle in charge with back up from Unsworth, Ferguson and Sheedy, he'd be a better caretaker than Martinez would be a manager.

I am a red so know ill just get kicked but came on here to make a serious point. I was at the game tonight and we all know yous were fortunate to only get done by 4 but Everton were a shambles tonight and that has to be down to the manager with the players you have. There was no passion or heart and they are obviously not playing for him. I was shocked to hear on city fm that apparently duncan ferguson isnt allowed in the dressing room despite being on the coaching staff! Whats that all about?? He would have made sure you at least had some fight in you. I honestly want you to win on saturday and go on and win the cup but i cant see it after witnessing that performance. Id seriously sack martinez tomorrow and make duncan interim manager. He may have no experience but you can guarentee he will make those players at least fight for the shirt. Thoughts blues?

The whole thing is a shambles. It's as bad if not worse than when Hodgson was in charge of you.

Words like debacle and humiliation don't even begin to do it justice.

Our last win was a good one against Chelsea in the cup.

Our last league win was against a woeful Villa, where we didn't really have to break sweat.

Our last actual decent win in the league was against Stoke in early February. That's the last time I came away from a league match thinking we'd played well and got a result. We played well against West Ham, but still lost.

He'll probably still be in charge for Saturday, but I'm now at the point where if we beat ManU, I'd seriously think about sacking him to give the likes of Unsworth some time to spend sorting the defence out before the final because, currently, we're a complete shambles at the back.

lol don't mate stuff of nightmares. By the time I wake up tomorrow morning it'll never have happened.

lol I've always done it mate, it makes me feel better to see parts of the game again lol I'm switching it off now anyway as I just wanted to watch the start and then how quickly we drop off, just to make sure I didn't imagine it.

Edit: one positive I can take is just before they score their 1st there is a little RS scruffy tit in a black tracksuit who looks like he's off to the bog and goes down the 2nd exit in the kop about 5 seconds before Origi scores.

I am a red so know ill just get kicked but came on here to make a serious point. I was at the game tonight and we all know yous were fortunate to only get done by 4 but Everton were a shambles tonight and that has to be down to the manager with the players you have. There was no passion or heart and they are obviously not playing for him. I was shocked to hear on city fm that apparently duncan ferguson isnt allowed in the dressing room despite being on the coaching staff! Whats that all about?? He would have made sure you at least had some fight in you. I honestly want you to win on saturday and go on and win the cup but i cant see it after witnessing that performance. Id seriously sack martinez tomorrow and make duncan interim manager. He may have no experience but you can guarentee he will make those players at least fight for the shirt. Thoughts blues?
We welcome any sensible posts from rival fans. ;) going to stick my head in the oven. It's not even gas like. It's eleccy, just gonna go melt my eyeballs to the element :drunk:

When he came in he said the kind things we were craving. He talked of success and glory. Words we'd been deprived of for so long and we lapped it up. He's played us all with his garbage. Agree we cant be going down this route for our next appointment. Moyes was a necessity at the time and it worked out well given the resources. Martinez has no excuses given the resources he's had when compared. Need a winner now.
When he came in he said the kind things we were craving. He talked of success and glory. Words we'd been deprived of for so long and we lapped it up. He's played us all with his garbage. Agree we cant be going down this route for our next appointment. Moyes was a necessity at the time and it worked out well given the resources. Martinez has no excuses given the resources he's had when compared. Need a winner now.
Here's hoping @The Esk is more ITK'd than he's letting on then;):)
Don't think my cat can take another beating!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back