Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think though Esk that there's already some very strong characters around FF who must be able to offer him advice, I'm thinking the likes of Royle, Sheedy, Unsworth and he has Ferguson as one of his coaches. Thats a large blend of experience and expertise within certain fields right there but Martinez has shown no sign of learning.

I've coached kids aged from 5 years through to 13 years and when I watch Everton bomb forward it just reminds me of coaching kids, they all want to score,they don't want to defend and they certainly don't want to listen to me talking about shape,balance and discipline lol It's all very well when it's just kids playing for fun but these are supposedly top professional footballers under the guidance of a top manager. I just don't see how it when any improvement will come from him.

@Eggs mentioned it yesterday, simply 2 banks of 4 and shut up shop with 15 minutes to go and we win that game Saturday probably 2-1 or 3-1.

He's got huge flaws, the kind that are easily fixed but for whatever reason he is unwilling to fix them and it will cost him his job imo

Great post Macca, it dsosn't matter if we are talking about youth amateur football or champions league, you still do the basics to win a game. Sitting deep against a team throwing everything forward is fine if you have pressure on the ball, to let the oopo walk into our final 3rd is suicide and we do it every week. They were never going to play through the middle saturday, so why were we not doubled up in the wide areas.

Great post Macca, it dsosn't matter if we are talking about youth amateur football or champions league, you still do the basics to win a game. Sitting deep against a team throwing everything forward is fine if you have pressure on the ball, to let the oopo walk into our final 3rd is suicide and we do it every week. They were never going to play through the middle saturday, so why were we not doubled up in the wide areas.

The thing is, we got a bloody good lesson on how to do it from the almighty West Brom a couple of weeks beforehand.

There's just times in a game where you have to say "enough is enough, let's consolidate our position and ensure we don't throw this away".

Once or twice over the course of a season you can say it's just football, but time and time again shows a fundamental problem, one which shows no sign of getting fixed.

Glad it's the fa cup on Saturday mate, can't be doing with looking at the league table because it's utterly depressing to see where we are.

You would think though Esk that there's already some very strong characters around FF who must be able to offer him advice, I'm thinking the likes of Royle, Sheedy, Unsworth and he has Ferguson as one of his coaches. Thats a large blend of experience and expertise within certain fields right there but Martinez has shown no sign of learning.

I've coached kids aged from 5 years through to 13 years and when I watch Everton bomb forward it just reminds me of coaching kids, they all want to score,they don't want to defend and they certainly don't want to listen to me talking about shape,balance and discipline lol It's all very well when it's just kids playing for fun but these are supposedly top professional footballers under the guidance of a top manager. I just don't see how it when any improvement will come from him.

@Eggs mentioned it yesterday, simply 2 banks of 4 and shut up shop with 15 minutes to go and we win that game Saturday probably 2-1 or 3-1.

He's got huge flaws, the kind that are easily fixed but for whatever reason he is unwilling to fix them and it will cost him his job imo

....I think the additional weapon we have in protecting a lead is Barkley because he has that unique ability to make the pitch small, receiving the ball from deep and quickly turning into an attacking situation. Even with 2 banks of 4 we still maintain a threat via Barkley coming short or playing longer to Lukaku.

Simple reply: 5th and 11th are all the same: hopeless. Points total of the 5th place season interests me only: enough t get a CL spot.

You want PL improvement to CL points heights? Go and get Ancelotti in...and he'd need Mourinho as his assistant to do what Martinez did in getting 72 points with our budget.

That's your jumping the shark post right there Dave, sorry mate all credibility you may have has gone with that absolute joke of a statement

....I think the additional weapon we have in protecting a lead is Barkley because he has that unique ability to make the pitch small, receiving the ball from deep and quickly turning into an attacking situation. Even with 2 banks of 4 we still maintain a threat via Barkley coming short or playing longer to Lukaku.
See what you mean about ross, but having said that he lost possession so much second half Saturday ,and they got right back into us. I personally would like to see lukakau off in the later stages if we are under the cosh and Gerry on to push up on the defenders shoulder to try and lengthen the pitch.

See what you mean about ross, but having said that he lost possession so much second half Saturday ,and they got right back into us. I personally would like to see lukakau off in the later stages if we are under the cosh and Gerry on to push up on the defenders shoulder to try and lengthen the pitch.
I agree with gerry coming on and taking the pressure off but would like to see him with rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back