Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone from outside were to objectively look at just the squads and compare our side to Leicester, Stoke, Saints, West Brom, or West Ham, 9 out of 10 would probably pick our squad. There are managers out there doing more with a lot less. Heck, our squad player for player might be better than Spurs, United, or Liverpool as well. The fact that we're behind all of these says a lot about the way the teams are managed. We're too talented to be where we are...

See what you mean about ross, but having said that he lost possession so much second half Saturday ,and they got right back into us. I personally would like to see lukakau off in the later stages if we are under the cosh and Gerry on to push up on the defenders shoulder to try and lengthen the pitch.

....I think Saturday was slightly different because we were down to 10. I have no problem with the option of bringing Lukaku off. One thing that does concern me is the balance of the side when Kone or the like plays. I suspect the tactic is that he supports Lukaku when we have the ball but covers left side when the opposition have it. That asks a lot of whoever is in that role.

Perhaps in taking Lennon off on Saturday RM fancied us to get a goal on the break.

....I think Saturday was slightly different because we were down to 10. I have no problem with the option of bringing Lukaku off. One thing that does concern me is the balance of the side when Kone or the like plays. I suspect the tactic is that he supports Lukaku when we have the ball but covers left side when the opposition have it. That asks a lot of whoever is in that role.

Perhaps in taking Lennon off on Saturday RM fancied us to get a goal on the break.

Then he was not trying to make sure we win a match. 15 mins to go and a man down, we should have parked the bus. Take off Lennon if he wished but you can bring on Barry and Baines to round things up.

....I'm not disagreeing, I'm just wondering why he did what he did.

He sticks to his belief and is too stubborn to admit his failings. If I am Bobby, I would tell the team to waste time and park the bus, making sure Everton win.

Simple reply: 5th and 11th are all the same: hopeless. Points total of the 5th place season interests me only: enough t get a CL spot.

You want PL improvement to CL points heights? Go and get Ancelotti in...and he'd need Mourinho as his assistant to do what Martinez did in getting 72 points with our budget.

And by that token, getting to a cup semi final and then going out is the same as going out in the third round. Worthless. Hopeless.

Your second point is absurdly comical. Ancelotti would win the league with this squad

two nil up with thirteen minutes to go and the hits the fan Martinez cant adapt as its plan a only with his happy clapper coaches in full agreement. His press conferences are a laughing stock. Will he get fired? depends on the new shareholder i guess and what influence he can exert

And by that token, getting to a cup semi final and then going out is the same as going out in the third round. Worthless. Hopeless.

Your second point is absurdly comical. Ancelotti would win the league with this squad

And you actually lose out on a lot of money if you are finishing 12th rather than 5th. You also miss out on European football that would bring in another 10 million pound the following season. The total difference between 5th and 12th is about 20 million pound FFS!

Losing a Semi-Final gets you absolutely nowt, and is no achievement, especially when you've only played lower league cack to get there.

What worries me is where would we be in the table with a weakened squad with Roberto as manager? 15 or 16th? Talk of relegation? That frightens me because it is not far off. This guy has red flags all over his project. Ultimately I think the fans will decide his fate, not the board.

What worries me is where would we be in the table with a weakened squad with Roberto as manager? 15 or 16th? Talk of relegation? That frightens me because it is not far off. This guy has red flags all over his project. Ultimately I think the fans will decide his fate, not the board.
No. It's the players that do decide his faith. Like in most sackings.

Getting to the cup SF is worthless. Ok, by the same token, getting 5th in the league is hopeless because there's no CL.

That sorts out the way we should have looked at most of our seasons in the sooper doper Barclays Premier League. No difference between 5th and 15th.

Getting to the cup SF is worthless. Ok, by the same token, getting 5th in the league is hopeless because there's no CL.

That sorts out the way we should have looked at most of our seasons in the sooper doper Barclays Premier League. No difference between 5th and 15th.
Fifth gets European football. Which may not be important to you, but it is to the players. 12th 'and a good cup run' gets..what?

N b
Fifth gets European football. Which may not be important to you, but it is to the players. 12th 'and a good cup run' gets..what?

You also get more money the higher you finish up the league.

And when you have a season like this year, when two of the traditional top four drop off, fith place becomes third or forth,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back