Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just read that's interview. All it did was annoy me. Bloody carragher suddenly so interested in Martinez survival.

Of course he is. Every single RS talks fondly of him because they know he is absolutely hopeless. If we did ever get a top manager and start winning things again the bile from the RS media base who haven't seen that for 20 years will be unbelievable.

Of course he is. Every single RS talks fondly of him because they know he is absolutely hopeless. If we did ever get a top manager and start winning things again the bile from the RS media base who haven't seen that for 20 years will be unbelievable.

The bile that will come from them lot if Everton ever get successful will shock younger Evertonians, it won't be banter anymore, it'll be sheer agression, they lose it big time.

What the bloody heck was that utter monstrosity of an interview I've just read?

Did he honestly just say that yes there are much better ways of getting results but that he won't be bothering trying them???

This is an absolute embarassment for the club and unfortunately everyone at the game today is gonna have to slaughter him so the board finally might do something. Yes they are doing stuff behind the scenes, but the fact that he didn't go after anfield, and somehow now has survived this week as well shows the club to be unbelievably small time.

This narrative is getting boring now. In fact, we're beginning to sound like them lot. I'm just waiting for the 'it's a conspiraceee' shouts.

They didn't love him when he was on the verge of qualifying us for the champions league.

What is clear to me from the Carragher interview ( provided it is verbatim ) is that despite what @The Esk says Martinez has not been told that he will not be managing Everton next season.

I will start by saying that I have complete faith in what The Esk says and that, in any event, all logical evidence points towards the fact that he cannot be our manager beyond this season so I'm not worried about that.

Kenwright’s ambition, though, really does appear to be on another planet in comparison to that of us the fans. At least outwardly.

Dave Whelan, who once broke his leg in a Cup Final don’t ya know, was smitten with Martinez.

Notwithstanding the obvious differential between the relative historic and modern-day standings of Everton and Wigan, Whelan once famously came out and said “Roberto has to have a Plan B this season”.

Regardless of whether he came up with this himself, whether he had listened to the Wigan fans or a combination of the two, he knew the score. Even at a club with very little expectation like Wigan (with respect) he realised that Premier League football matches cannot be given a blanket approach and that games have to be taken one at a time and on a horses for courses basis.

Our esteemed leader can only publically offer “what a manager” and “he’s a lovely, lovely man” whilst appearing to blatantly ignore/support the car-crash that has developed before our very eyes over the last two seasons and which has reached a crescendo in recent months.

I've seen it written that Kenwright privately feels as frustrated as we all do. Maybe he does. He may well have even already said to Bobby exactly what Whelan said for all I know. However, if his admirable loyalty has led him to be as stubborn as Bobby and blind to what everyone else can see, we should be very grateful that there are now others with influence in a position to act who aren't blind, who have a sense of realism and can gauge exactly what the overwhelming majority of fans are feeling.

No one knows the truth and thats whats grating the most. At most clubs you would have the chairman giving a dreaded vote of confidence. Not at everton with old bill salivating everytime brown shoes talks. The situation aint natural

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back