Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In his interview, where he talks about actually managing a game being the "easier" way to get results, but refusing to do it, speaks absolute volumes about why he is such a failure as a manager.

He refuses to make smart choices, and instead relies on a busted philosophy.

We really, really need to get rid. If we don't, we're in for a very worrying upcoming season.

I think many of you are reading too much into that interview and taking it the wrong way, I personally think he's making his position at the club untenable so he gets sacked and receives a pay off, many players and managers go down this route.

...has to be. Because if he deems that a sensible, honest account of his time thus far and his future intentions then he's more off his box than I thought he was.

I still haven't renewed my season ticket. The only thing that is pushing me to renew is the hope that The esk is telling the truth. Shame that the board have let it come to that. He simply cannot be in charge next season.

Have just read the article in the Mail! Nearly two pages of guffff, at least ten "incredibles", lack of investment (!), strong away form (increasingly debatable), he's actually proud of 650 passes in a game (what's the point if they don't go anywhere?) and on and on and on he goes! Not once is there anything even approaching self critical! Finally, unless I've missed it which is entirely possible, Carragher would appear not to have mentioned or asked him about the derby - it's not mentioned at all! Unbelievable Jeff!!!!!
How he is still here I do not know, and all this inevitable slow death will now do is cause more and more grief at the remaining games home and away, and bad PR for the club - how has it come to this??

In his interview, where he talks about actually managing a game being the "easier" way to get results, but refusing to do it, speaks absolute volumes about why he is such a failure as a manager.

He refuses to make smart choices, and instead relies on a busted philosophy.

We really, really need to get rid. If we don't, we're in for a very worrying upcoming season.

I LOL'd so much at that, then pulled faces, then got a bit scared, then worried, then LOL'd again...almost hysterically, a sort of - well, as I remember it anyway - 'I'm just about to peak' giggle...

So much so wife actually went 'What the eff's wrong with you man, get a grip...'.

Utterly nuts.

Essentially he said this...

'I could do this and it'd work....but I wont'

#POTTY

Don't think he ever said martinez has been told. He just says he wont be in charge.

I wasn't suggesting that @The Esk had done so.

If it came across that way I apologise.

What I was trying to say is that even if ;

a.We have decided to sack Martinez and
b.Are talking to candidates

It would appear ( from the interview ) that Martinez has not been told that he will not be in charge next season.

We can only hope and pray that @The Esk is correct.

I think too much is being read into that. I remember a couple of seasons ago Mourinho, I think the season before they won the league, had had a few bad results and announced he was going to be parking th bus for the next few games going for 1-0s. He said that doing that is the easiest thing to do in football. So he hadn't been doing it before and didn't do it the season they won the league. Not trying to defend Bobby in any way as I think the writing has been on the wall for him for a while but I think it's easy to jump on that comment the way it was presented whilst in reality it's not that simple.

What is clear to me from the Carragher interview ( provided it is verbatim ) is that despite what @The Esk says Martinez has not been told that he will not be managing Everton next season.
ksbp.gif

Carragher making out he still an Everton fan, strange. At least carragher allowed us to see the real him and he not going to change his football. Good luck with this in your future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back