Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would that even work?
It would work with a 5 year contract if all KPI's are met, which would be under review after 3 years. If under performing then thanks for your time and move on.

I don't imagine it would be a problem signing it if your wages have suddenly jumped to $3 million per year, you're guaranteed to make £9 million in 3 years, apologies for the $ sign I can't be arsed going back to change it

It could even be yearly reviews, and they decided to keep him on to see if he could prove himself after last years debacle

Lol at the people who are comparing the anti Martinez protests to the Newcastle/Alan Pardew situation.Look where that got them said a Helen Lovejoy on Facebook.Totally irrelevant this man has a team with players like Lukaku Brakley and Stones in it struggling to get into the top for a second season in a row.Newcastle under Pardew did not have anything resembling that quality.The shut your traps we don't want to look like geordies (the pro Martinesz crew are dealing their last hand here) argument does not wash with me.Yeah let's stop the protests and enjoy another season of mediocrity and excuses.Evertonians showed solidarity with our neighbours yesterday and made a stand against the people destroying our club.The protesters that stayed on after the final whistle have nothing to be ashamed of.

Lol at the people who are comparing the anti Martinez protests to the Newcastle/Alan Pardew situation.Look where that got them said a Helen Lovejoy on Facebook.Totally irrelevant this man has a team with players like Lukaku Brakley and Stones in it struggling to get into the top for a second season in a row.Newcastle under Pardew did not have anything resembling that quality.The shut your traps we don't want to look like geordies (the pro Martinesz crew are dealing their last hand here) argument does not wash with me.Yeah let's stop the protests and enjoy another season of mediocrity and excuses.Evertonians showed solidarity with our neighbours yesterday and made a stand against the people destroying our club.The protesters that stayed on after the final whistle have nothing to be ashamed of.

He's going anyway ffs. Just chill.

Moshiri should not fork out any money if Martinez stays
Every manager signs duds, for every Andrei Kanchelskis and Tim Cahill there's a Per Kroldrup or Marc Hottiger.

I don't think Niasse's £13.5m fee is doing him or Martinez any favours though. If you were Moshiri, would you want to give (for arguments' sake) £50m to £100m, or would you get your own man in?

Whether your Martinez view is anti or pro (hello, anyone there?), 99 times out of 100, the answer will be a new manager.

I look at it this way: I'd rather people voice their opinion now, instead of the middle of next season when it would possibly be too late for any managerial change to make a difference.

It's not going to go that far though. 3 more games max.

It would work with a 5 year contract if all KPI's are met, which would be under review after 3 years. If under performing then thanks for your time and move on.

I don't imagine it would be a problem signing it if your wages have suddenly jumped to $3 million per year, you're guaranteed to make £9 million in 3 years, apologies for the $ sign I can't be arsed going back to change it

It could even be yearly reviews, and they decided to keep him on to see if he could prove himself after last years debacle

It is a sane term so no I don't believe BK would set such rule.

What a manager.

It's not going to go that far though. 3 more games max.
Of course not mate, and I think part of the frustration is the lack of communication between club and fans. I'd hope, as you say, that things wouldn't get that far.

At present though, what reassurances do we have that they're doing something about changing manager? Should we really be relying on ITK's?

For 13 years, including Martinez's first term, we'd become accustomed to regularly challenging for Europe, and we're now mathematically safe the day before May. If we were a 'hiring and firing' managerial-merry-go-round club, we'd have sacked him at the end of last season, but I'm glad we're not that sort of club. He's been given another year, and it's not been great, and I think some are concerned that he would be given perhaps one year too far (ie. possible 16/17).

Of course not mate, and I think part of the frustration is the lack of communication between club and fans. I'd hope, as you say, that things wouldn't get that far.

At present though, what reassurances do we have that they're doing something about changing manager? Should we really be relying on ITK's?

For 13 years, including Martinez's first term, we'd become accustomed to regularly challenging for Europe, and we're now mathematically safe the day before May. If we were a 'hiring and firing' managerial-merry-go-round club, we'd have sacked him at the end of last season, but I'm glad we're not that sort of club. He's been given another year, and it's not been great, and I think some are concerned that he would be given perhaps one year too far (ie. possible 16/17).

I haven't heard anything from ITK's, it's just a feeling based off logic, we've not performed well, he's not spent money well of late, and Moshiri is going to want to see results.

If the dots don't get joined up by this board then there really is no hope for us, those factors alone should determine the future of Martinez, not fans' frustrations.

I hope Moshiri doesn't change that too much but still be far more aggressive than BK in moving us towards UCL. All these talk about large transfer kitty and Low to spend it is disturbing. Unless Moshiri has another investor friend of the net worth of Abramovich or the oil sheikhs, I would like to think Moshiri would be wise to be cautious of his pick of manager and manage the increased kitty with a tight leash.

I haven't heard anything from ITK's, it's just a feeling based off logic, we've not performed well, he's not spent money well of late, and Moshiri is going to want to see results.

If the dots don't get joined up by this board then there really is no hope for us, those factors alone should determine the future of Martinez, not fans' frustrations.
I agree that just because some fans protest, the club shouldn't automatically do as they say. Recipe for disaster, that.

I just think this time things are perhaps in danger of going a little too far with too little info coming our way via official channels.

Realistically though, I imagine the machinations are in process to replace the manager. The club can hardly go public with that if they have targets lined up, however some are thinking that (and I don't disagree with them) that if he is going, then get rid now. Some feel, (and I DO agree) that he is perhaps damaging the club by remaining in position. For me, while the league position is now largely irrelevant, for the 'general wellbeing' of the club, I'd have got rid and installed a caretaker manager while a new one is sought (which we are led to believe is all but sorted but unannounced, depending on how you interpret various information).

I look at it this way: I'd rather people voice their opinion now, instead of the middle of next season when it would possibly be too late for any managerial change to make a difference.
I agree. It's also far to big a risk for the board to think they'll give him a couple of months of the new season to see if things improve.

What managers are likely to be available when the season gets underway? Very rarely does a manager quit one club to go and join another mid-season.

If we keep Martinez and things don't change a couple of months in, then that is another whole season flushed down the toilet.

We have to pray that the Esk is correct and he's gone regardless of how we finish the season. I can't be the only one though that will feel a bit uneasy if we finish off with three positive results..

I agree that just because some fans protest, the club shouldn't automatically do as they say. Recipe for disaster, that.

I just think this time things are perhaps in danger of going a little too far with too little info coming our way via official channels.

Realistically though, I imagine the machinations are in process to replace the manager. The club can hardly go public with that if they have targets lined up, however some are thinking that (and I don't disagree with them) that if he is going, then get rid now. Some feel, (and I DO agree) that he is perhaps damaging the club by remaining in position. For me, while the league position is now largely irrelevant, for the 'general wellbeing' of the club, I'd have got rid and installed a caretaker manager while a new one is sought (which we are led to believe is all but sorted but unannounced, depending on how you interpret various information).

I would see him asked to leave now, if only to save him further embarrassment, it's clearly the end and he (and the club) don't need any more bad publicity or results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back