Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know mate, if it's my opinion I say it's my opinion. If it's information received from any of a number of sources then I pass on what I can.

I have said consistently since last Saturday I have no definitive idea of the timing of Martinez' departure. Yesterday at the match I was told it was definitely end of season, then 5 minutes later it could be Monday.

I've got to the point where it is actually not worth asking, it will happen when it happens. The main piece of news is that we will be recruiting a very high profile and quality manager way beyond the expectations of what the media think we can attract, and that person will have very significant sums to deal in the summer months.

Forget this season, it's been a complete write off. Just look forward to a very different future at Everton.

*Five minutes later*

yano I just feel like hes staying mate coz bk is calling the shots and der esk is a liar mate

Just so you know mate, if it's my opinion I say it's my opinion. If it's information received from any of a number of sources then I pass on what I can.

I have said consistently since last Saturday I have no definitive idea of the timing of Martinez' departure. Yesterday at the match I was told it was definitely end of season, then 5 minutes later it could be Monday.

I've got to the point where it is actually not worth asking, it will happen when it happens. The main piece of news is that we will be recruiting a very high profile and quality manager way beyond the expectations of what the media think we can attract, and that person will have very significant sums to deal in the summer months.

Forget this season, it's been a complete write off. Just look forward to a very different future at Everton.
The longer the situaton goes on the less convinced I am that hes going

Why leave it til the end of the season with dead rubber games left and players looking to leave

I just hope your right mate

your continued posting on the subject is much appreciated, i think all of us who have been here a while, know full well it isn't your style to mislead in anyway

*Five minutes later*

yano I just feel like hes staying mate coz bk is calling the shots and der esk is a liar mate

The longer the situaton goes on the less convinced I am that hes going

Why leave it til the end of the season with dead rubber games left and players looking to leave

I just hope your right mate

I overestimated.

Maybe something in his contract where it would be less expensive for the club to sack him at the end of the season,or as has been previously suggested they may not intend to sack him at all.

But why not then say he is leaving at the end of the season to stop the protests, makes no sense.

Thanks for that Esk in a good mind set though do you know the figures with the significant sums ?

Don't understand why there was such a fuss. People not reading your posts properly maybe mate. Suggestions of timing were always preceded by things like "it may be this week" or "on the balance of probabilities." One thing that has been steadfast is your assertion that he will certainly not be here next season. People questioning that haven't read your posts properly, or are just getting overly panicked.

I'm just hoping it's this week that there's an announcement. Can't see the point now in getting rid before the end of the season. Would actually be quite nice for the last home game for a bit of reparation of the relationship between the fans and RM. At least with an announcement of impending departure, the fans could at least show an appreciation for the effort he's put in over his 3 years at the club. We as Evertonians have a track record of showing respect for effort, if for a lack of ability. That would be so much more preferable to an atmosphere of apathy/ hostility. I was getting frustrated at his stubbornness and the board's lack of action, but at least let's now go out against Norwich with a sense of optimism of ahead of what could be a truly great summer!

Taking my nephew to that game, so that's my hope anyway!

from Teamtalk.

Roberto Martinez’s positive view of Everton’s season has been described as “nonsense” by Jonathan Northcroft.

Martinez gave an interview to the Daily Mail this week in which he discussed a difficult season for Everton, but Northcroft was not impressed by the Spaniard’s comments.

“I can’t avoid using the word nonsense,”the Sunday Times’ football correspondent told Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports.

“To me it was full of more nonsense, and it sounds very harsh, but there’s a huge gap between what Roberto Martinez says and what his team has been delivering on the pitch.

“He spoke in that interview about the intensity that he sees, but if you speak to Evertonians then intensity is the last thing they are seeing in their home performances in particular. I think he would do more credit for himself if he said this season’s been a disaster.

“He made some odd claim about how in a way they are more competitive because it’s not always about average league position as sometimes it’s about being able to beat bigger clubs. I’m not sure if that is what a club should be aspiring to.

“It sounds like I’m being very harsh, and he’s a man who has great attributes, intelligence being one of them, but he over-spins it.”

The main piece of news is that we will be recruiting a very high profile and quality manager way beyond the expectations of what the media think we can attract, and that person will have very significant sums to deal in the summer months.

Talk about building up expectations, Mr Esk!

Sounds like Jose or Jogi. I'd be delirously excited with either of them.

Thanks for that Esk in a good mind set though do you know the figures with the significant sums ?

No idea mate but I suspect the £200 million figure quoted in some papers are inaccurate.

I speculated sometime ago that we could have a net spend of £200 million without falling foul of FFP but I have no idea what we will spend. The club are never going to release information like that.

Why must you raise my hopes every weekend?
We love you, but we can only take so much.

“He spoke in that interview about the intensity that he sees, but if you speak to Evertonians then intensity is the last thing they are seeing in their home performances in particular. I think he would do more credit for himself if he said this season’s been a disaster.

“He made some odd claim about how in a way they are more competitive because it’s not always about average league position as sometimes it’s about being able to beat bigger clubs. I’m not sure if that is what a club should be aspiring to.

There's a case that he is genuinely deluded.

But why not then say he is leaving at the end of the season to stop the protests, makes no sense.

Because unlike common perception, football is not an open sandbox run solely for the benefit of the punters. It has contracts and laws and managers trade unions. Not to mention these are all people with careers, not just Martinez but his backroom team as well. You can't just declare he is leaving unless you agree it with him. Otherwise you may as well fire him now, because you will probably end up paying the same compensation (or more) under unfair or constructive dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back