Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are already looking at managers, I would have thought some rumours would have leaked out by now of whom the club have been speaking to.
Why would they though?

Also 'rumours' have already been going about already, there has been mourinho, villas-boas, pellegrini, and more already linked with us.

But that doesn't mean they'd be the correct managers that we are looking at.

But the media has been going on about it for weaks.

Could the delay be due to more important events last week. It may be that the club are showing some class in delaying.

Thought the same too, you can understand it. At this stage he might as well have the rest of the season now but the announcement should still come in the next days - we don't need to know his successor yet, we just need to know he's not gonna be in charge next season.

Why would they though?

Also 'rumours' have already been going about already, there has been mourinho, villas-boas, pellegrini, and more already linked with us.

But that doesn't mean they'd be the correct managers that we are looking at.

But the media has been going on about it for weaks.

Ask yourself why would they have not. Names have been bandied about but nevertheless I would have thought meetings, contacts etc could have been leaked or found out. The fact is how do you know we are looking at new managers?

In essence we are all involved in a guessing game.

Thought the same too, you can understand it. At this stage he might as well have the rest of the season now but the announcement should still come in the next days - we don't need to know his successor yet, we just need to know he's not gonna be in charge next season.

I think that it would have reflected badly on the club.

Two points from the DailyMail interview:

1) why is an RS interviewing him? Haven't they got one or two old blues on their books?

2) Martinez uses the word "incredible" 5 times in that short interview.

It's quite incredible (as in the opposite of credible).
I'll be honest I think carragher asked more searching questions about Martinez's questionable tactics, then any journalist at his press conferences. Thought the interview did little to suggest Everton are wrong to consider letting this man go.

it makes better 'business' sense to leave it until the end of the season, for two reasons.

So that we don't get the stigma of 'sacking' anyone, and to show a little bit of respect to martinez so it can be mutual consent.

We're already looking at managers like esk says, so it's not as if we're in any rush.

There's no stigma in sacking someone as all clubs do it. Plus he'll still be sacked (if it's at the end of the season), just not during the season.

Generally, to be seemingly not in a rush to better ourselves isn't good business sense, as it negatively affects outside perception. But if there's already a plan then all should be fine.

Bet Mosh wants his old mate Wenger in charge ! waiting til he's sacked then martinez will leave then wenger be a free signing ! if they sack him now Evertonians be wanting a new manager in next 24 hours or be banging down his door asking whats going on !

Ask yourself why would they have not. Names have been bandied about but nevertheless I would have thought meetings, contacts etc could have been leaked or found out. The fact is how do you know we are looking at new managers?

In essence we are all involved in a guessing game.
theres meetings that go on every day, every single day regarding football.

be it representatives, talking about players, or new opportunities for clients that never get reported on.

Please don't tell me you're naive to think every meeting goes reported?

There's no stigma in sacking someone as all clubs do it. Plus he'll still be sacked (if it's at the end of the season), just not during the season.

Generally, to be seemingly not being in a rush to better ourselves isn't good business sense, as it negatively affects outside perception. But if there's already a plan then all should be fine.
i bet you it will be mutual termination, not sacking.

theres meetings that go on every day, every single day regarding football.

be it representatives, talking about players, or new opportunities for clients that never get reported on.

Please don't tell me you're naive to think every meeting goes reported?

No, but like I said we are all involve in a guessing game.

Like playing a game of snap and waiting for two cards to be the same to claim the pot.

No, but like I said we are all involve in a guessing game.

Like playing a game of snap and waiting for two cards to be the same to claim the pot.
not really mate, some 'guesses' are ones from informed judgement, others are not.

i'm 100% sure he will be gone by the summer, you are not.

We disagree, and that's fine, i respect your opinion whilst i think you are wrong.

Have a good afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back