Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the delay be due to more important events last week. It may be that the club are showing some class in delaying.

let's be honest taking our everton tinted specs off for a minute, it makes no difference if he stays until the end of the season, we can't achieve anything. And it makes better 'business' sense to leave it until the end of the season, for two reasons.

So that we don't get the stigma of 'sacking' anyone, and to show a little bit of respect to martinez so it can be mutual consent.

We're already looking at managers like esk says, so it's not as if we're in any rush.

Because unlike common perception, football is not an open sandbox run solely for the benefit of the punters. It has contracts and laws and managers trade unions. Not to mention these are all people with careers, not just Martinez but his backroom team as well. You can't just declare he is leaving unless you agree it with him. Otherwise you may as well fire him now, because you will probably end up paying the same compensation (or more) under unfair or constructive dismissal.

Surely the board don't want to see him getting abused and have protests every game now till the end of the season though?

No idea mate but I suspect the £200 million figure quoted in some papers are inaccurate.

I speculated sometime ago that we could have a net spend of £200 million without falling foul of FFP but I have no idea what we will spend. The club are never going to release information like that.
Thanks Esk so the debts have been settled ?

let's be honest taking our everton tinted specs off for a minute, it makes no difference if he stays until the end of the season, we can't achieve anything. And it makes better 'business' sense to leave it until the end of the season, for two reasons.

So that we don't get the stigma of 'sacking' anyone, and to show a little bit of respect to martinez so it can be mutual consent.

We're already looking at managers like esk says, so it's not as if we're in any rush.

If we are already looking at managers, I would have thought some rumours would have leaked out by now of whom the club have been speaking to.

No idea mate but I suspect the £200 million figure quoted in some papers are inaccurate.

I speculated sometime ago that we could have a net spend of £200 million without falling foul of FFP but I have no idea what we will spend. The club are never going to release information like that.
*prays that it's Jose who's spending it*

Because unlike common perception, football is not an open sandbox run solely for the benefit of the punters. It has contracts and laws and managers trade unions. Not to mention these are all people with careers, not just Martinez but his backroom team as well. You can't just declare he is leaving unless you agree it with him. Otherwise you may as well fire him now, because you will probably end up paying the same compensation (or more) under unfair or constructive dismissal.

Plenty of other clubs sack their managers in the middle of a season, doesn't seem to bother them so much as the possible benefits (higher league position) outweigh the negatives (payment of compensation).

Two points from the DailyMail interview:

1) why is an RS interviewing him? Haven't they got one or two old blues on their books?

2) Martinez uses the word "incredible" 5 times in that short interview.

It's quite incredible (as in the opposite of credible).

It is a person's view or take on the RM comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back