Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it isnt. If Pellegrini, as your example, came here, and we progressed within a similar trend that City did with him, then that would be a good thing.

In the exact same way that clubs at serious risk of relegation call Pulis or Allerdyce.

Managers have trends. That trend is generally similar at all the clubs they manage, with the amount of cash/talent at their disposal being the parameter within where they actually finish.

In short, Pellegrini, your example, would get more out of a £200m squad than Martinez.
You have no idea if that's true. When Pellegrini won the title with City he amassed 14 points more than we did with about £300M more spent. They've done nothing much in the CL besides this season and they wont get to the final IMO.

Dave, Dave, Dave...

Here's lies the problem mate, you aren't consistant, far from it in fact, on the one hand you slate the board for lack of ambition, on the other you constantly deride us and effectively say we are follish for having any ambition,

You slate Kenwright for years, then you suddenly quote him in glowing terms because he says something you like, lack of consistancy.

Not to mention the fact you constantly 'misread' and this misquote stats always in a favourable light for your argument.

Take this win % thing, 3rd is Martinez? - really? If you know your history then i suggets you look that little stat up again mate, then come back and say the actual position in the list of Everton Managers he comes in at, and it isn't 3rd

Also lets take Kendall as an example, has a higher win % than Martinez, and was sacked twice, because his win % was heavily loaded in his first spell and tailed off massively in his second and third spells , bit like Martinez but in 3 years not 3 spells at the club
hey buddy would you say you are consistent??

If ever we were stupid enough to let him go, there would be no shortage of top flight suitors for Martinez. A proven trophy winner, registering a club like Everton's best ever PL season, capable of identifying, attracting and coaching top quality for nothing more than decent money in today's inflated market to add massively to squad value at clubs.

No amount of blind hatred can erase that.
I'm sure they'll be queuing round the block mate lol

So....

Eddie Howe
Mark Hughes
De Boer
Koeman
Klinnsmann

....a new dawn begins....and it's pissing down.

You have no idea if that's true. When Pellegrini won the title with City he amassed 14 points more than we did with about £300M more spent. They've done nothing much in the CL besides this season and they wont get to the final IMO.

Welcome back mate. I am not convinced about Pellegrini, but I do think De Boers record is a cut above Martinez (and most of the managers in the league). Joachim Lowe would be similar.

Dave, do any of your EFC mates want RM to stay? Personally, either at work, at the game, or in the pub I haven't heard a good word said about him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back