Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Concise version: "get the next new flavour in, this one's gone stale".

If we get rid of RM then the next manager has to be a PROVEN winner in the industry with no doubt that they can secure a trophy or two very quickjly.

If not we may as well stick with RM
He's lost the players Dave, there is no coming back from that I'm afraid, he's done here, there will be a lot of managers around Europe that will find Everton a great project to be involved in now Moshiri is here.

Last edited:
But in an league that is not as competive as ours. Koeman won the title in the same league with two different clubs and also got a better win rate at ajax then Frank.

Thats true, but the manner in which he's won it, alongside the longevity of winning it is what impresses me.

Order of preference:

PL winner
Top European league winner (Spain, Italy, Germany)
CL winner
Manager who's got form getting any team a CL spot consistently.

...what we'll end up with: some Euro-boss with a snotty attitude and a thimbleful of talent who'll piss £150M up against the wall.

Reckon you will be happy then mate.

Concise version: "get the next new flavour in, this one's gone stale".

If we get rid of RM then the next manager has to be a PROVEN winner in the industry with no doubt that they can secure a trophy or two very quickjly.

If not we may as well stick with RM

Oh blimey another card game - stick or twist. I think I will go for twist.

If the board keeping Martinez then key players will have to leave

Gibson
Pienaar
Osman
Howard

All going, this is good
Then we have baines and he will have to be sold as we know he not bought Martinez football. Maybe jags as well.

Lukaku is gone as well and stones.

This is going to be a massive rebuilding job in the summer.

According to some reports, if Roberto stays you can add Ross Barkley to the list of want aways also!!

What are we left with then?

I would sugest that would fall into a category way past massive rebuilding job and quite possibly be completely unfeasible for a Premier league side.

So, is it safe to say that this board meeting last Friday actually did not take place.

I mean, why have a board meeting on the Friday, when all the board members went to the game the day after - it wouldnt make much sense would it

Order of preference:

PL winner
Top European league winner (Spain, Italy, Germany)
CL winner
Manager who's got form getting any team a CL spot consistently.

...what we'll end up with: some Euro-boss with a snotty attitude and a thimbleful of talent who'll piss £150M up against the wall.

Would you have Pelligrini top of the list if Martinez goes mate? You are a fair bit more optimistic than me about our new manager!

For me I want:
1) Can develop young players
2) A good coach
3) Shown he can win trophies
4) Consistency.

Reckon you will be happy then mate.
Really?

That would have to happen for any dismisaal to be sensible.

Seeing is believing. What we'll hear at the end of the summer is "well, we had him, but then <fill in euro giant name> came in so we had to settle on Quiche Flores."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back