Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the board keeping Martinez then key players will have to leave

Gibson
Pienaar
Osman
Howard

All going, this is good
Then we have baines and he will have to be sold as we know he not bought Martinez football. Maybe jags as well.

Lukaku is gone as well and stones.

This is going to be a massive rebuilding job in the summer.

You have no idea if that's true. When Pellegrini won the title with City he amassed 14 points more than we did with about £300M more spent. They've done nothing much in the CL besides this season and they wont get to the final IMO.

True. It could all go wrong. Which is why I look at the trend of a manager, and take it from there. You can get lucky, sure.

But you accurately called Moyes out before he set foot in Old Trafford. Pretty sure you were bang on how that would turn out. And you will probably be right about where he will end up. Toss up between Villa, Newcastle and Celtic IIRC.

Based on what? Watching him week in, week out. Thats what.

Thats the exact same analysis that has made my mind up with Martinez.

Cant see why you cannot see that as cool, rational, decision making.

I think you are harsh on Do Boer mate, lumping him in with the others. 5 titles out of 6 shows he doesn't bottle big games.

But in an league that is not as competive as ours. Koeman won the title in the same league with two different clubs and also got a better win rate at ajax then Frank.

Oh Christ on a bike !!! you mean there could be another Martinez card??

download (1).webp
download (1).webp

Welcome back mate. I am not convinced about Pellegrini, but I do think De Boers record is a cut above Martinez (and most of the managers in the league). Joachim Lowe would be similar.

Order of preference:

PL winner
Top European league winner (Spain, Italy, Germany)
CL winner
Manager who's got form getting any team a CL spot consistently.

...what we'll end up with: some Euro-boss with a snotty attitude and a thimbleful of talent who'll piss £150M up against the wall.

True. It could all go wrong. Which is why I look at the trend of a manager, and take it from there. You can get lucky, sure.

But you accurately called Moyes out before he set foot in Old Trafford. Pretty sure you were bang on how that would turn out. And you will probably be right about where he will end up. Toss up between Villa, Newcastle and Celtic IIRC.

Based on what? Watching him week in, week out. Thats what.

Thats the exact same analysis that has made my mind up with Martinez.

Cant see why you cannot see that as cool, rational, decision making.

I think he does Roy...it's this "top class manager" lark and our ability to make good on it that he's got some questions about. Who knows, though...I'm just windmilling in here for the most part.

Concise version: "get the next new flavour in, this one's gone stale".

If we get rid of RM then the next manager has to be a PROVEN winner in the industry with no doubt that they can secure a trophy or two very quickjly.

If not we may as well stick with RM

The concise version is ...

when a journalist posts that RM lost the dressing room a long time ago after you've been humiliated 4-0 by your bitter rivals

when a respected player who isn't known as being impulsive or brash says publicly 'there is no chemistry in the team'

when your 20+ striker wants to leave

when one of your countries best young players is refusing to sign a new contract while your current manager is in charge

when your team doesn't know how to defend

...... when that happens you know the manager isn't going to turn it round.

We just need someone better than Martinez who the players want to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back