Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So because some idiots abused him and he's a nice guy, he deserves to stay as manager of Everton? It's got nothing to do with Moyes either, martinezhas come into the club spouting his mouth off how he was going to improve the team and get Champions League etc. He has used every excuse in the book to explain his ineptness, even dragging Howard Kendall's name into it in his desperation to keep his job, which I thought was a disgrace.

Unfortunately he's failed in a results business for 3 years, he's not good enough.

Still doesn't justify the bullying culture. Who knows they start with Mohshiri Out banners if he decided against pumping money after a while if he sees no return. We might end up like Newcastle then...in a limbo, changing managers with no real objective. He has undone Moyes' good work to a good affect. When sacked, it'll be due to his own deeds such as over optimism and stobburness. Bullying him out is disgraceful. Let the board decide on his fate and fans should protest is proper way which doesn't require bullying and abusing a manager.

Got our best ever PL points total - a total only consistently surpassed in the PL by greats such as Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho.

I'd call that being very much "fit" to manage Everton. And I tell you what, if / when Martinez is replaced - money or not - they will struggle badly to get 21 wins in one season and 72 points.

They'll be judged on that for me. And if they fall short I'll be deeming them "unfit" to be Everton manager.
How much longer would you let him dine out on that one good season though?

Also surely managers should surely be judged against Moyes 4th place finish, that's the highest premier league finish we've achieved.

Got our best ever PL points total - a total only consistently surpassed in the PL by greats such as Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho.

I'd call that being very much "fit" to manage Everton. And I tell you what, if / when Martinez is replaced - money or not - they will struggle badly to get 21 wins in one season and 72 points.

They'll be judged on that for me. And if they fall short I'll be deeming them "unfit" to be Everton manager.

Come on mate. Martinez wouldn't put a defence like this up for himself (he can't even do for the team as it turns out), even he'd think it was delusional.

Still though I agree they don't play good football but they get the results they want week in week out they look organised plenty of tricks up they're sleeve and made us look pathetic don't you think
They have benefitted from massive decisions going their way at crucial stages of games and the fact that the elite in the PL are in disarray.

Hats off to them for taking their chance and not bottling it. But the fact remains they are a terrible, ugly team to behold. They are the opposite of all that's good in football.

I get your po
The club has to take a lot of the blame for allowing the situation to get so bad mate.

Sitting on their hands and letting him chat massive amounts of wham after every game has hardly helped the situation.

It's got to the point now, where some people have gone beyond disliking him and now would appear to have a proper hatred for him.

The club should never have let it get to this point.

Agree with this. Board should have stepped in and had a word with him about his short term and long term plans. Fans make the football club and we have shown it with the protests. Its just the abuse and bullying which now needs to stop. Its anti Everton.

They have benefitted from massive decisions going their way at crucial stages of games and the fact that the elite in the PL are in disarray.

Hats off to them for taking their chance and not bottling it. But the fact remains they are a terrible, ugly team to behold. They are the opposite of all that's good in football.
Still going to win the league arnt they and what's our excuses then for massively underachieving in the league for two seasons now ?

That's because he didn't have a new owner sitting in the wings ready to spend cash. You really think if we'd had money when Moyes was finishing us 17th and 11th there would have been no attempt to unseat him?

Lad i'm sure you are not stupid, lets make this simple, so you can take it on board and stop dodging the main issues.

The reason people have had it with the manager, is that we have won 22 league games over 2 seasons. Once you get past that bit, you might come out of that dozy haze you seem to be shrouded in and quit with the guff which you relentlessly pedal on here about peoples views being kopite / geordie behaviour etc etc .

The first season he took a good Moyes side, added a bit more attacking flair and we did very well, however he still didn't get top 4, therefore is not our best ever Prem league finish despite the number of points won. In finishing 4th Moyes had the better season, FACT, like it or not, I suggest you don't and it really winds you up.

You make a claim that the 2 semi's is something to sing and dance about, despite being told numerous times that a cup run is purely dependent on who you draw. So if you want to cling to the stick of beating Dagenham and Carlisle as some amazing feat, by all means carry on, but you only serve to make yourself a bit of a joke figure.

In the last 2 seasons, we have gone seriously backwards with regards to league positions and games won - FACT - no amount of counter arguing negates that fact, you are obviously happy with that, the majority of the people on here are not.

The players are not happy with him, he is the "busted flush" you keep for some reason refer others as.

His record at Wigan in the league has been shown to you, you have absolutely no answer to that, he got them relegated after some very decent seasons in the premier league. All signs show he is going the same way with Everton if allowed to continue.

In the next few weeks he will be gone and hopefully a distant memory in the history of Everton football club, as we move onto bigger and better things under the new owners money. We won't be getting Howe, Hughes or Moyes back so quit with that garbage, you have been told we have a new owner serious about taking Everton places, just embrace it and stop whining about a manager who is soon to be tomorrows chip paper.

We beat Bournemouth and you come out of hiding! the mind boggles as to how you have these views about this manager with all the evidence given to you, hence people actually being torn as to whether you are a fully committed troll or not, which if you are I fear for your sanity.

Wish we were as bad as them.

There has been a definite shift in the press within the last 2 weeks. Local and now national press are really turning up the heat with regards to our underachievement during his tenure and his inability to recognise the team's failings and address them in his pre and post game press conferences. Roberto has not only been found out by the fans, but now the media. Next the board....

only fans finally waking up out of their coma and putting pressure on them has caused that, fans have to raise expectations at the club because they're happy just to remain in the Premier League lining their pockets, it's the fans who have to demand success.

An article that describes Marouane Fellaini as an ageing stalwart is written by someone who doesn´t know anything about football. He´s 28 now ffs. When a guy can´t get basic facts right the rest of his "opinion" is of no interest to me.

Yes, that one statement discredits the whole article.

We just don't have it in us as a fan base for a prolonged period of protest

This is why Martinez could still easily be kept on

I mean, let's face it, what are we going to do if they keep him?

Those lads who protested at least made an effort to so SOMETHING to show their discontent, but most on here seem to be lambasting them for doing so

Yeah, it was a bit of a damp squib, but fair play to them for having strength in their convictions to have a go

A lot of people complaining about the protests are usually the first to lament that the club and supporters lack ambition. They're happy to moan, but when someone actually steps up to do something they all of a sudden cry foul

They're the equivalent of people who want the TV channel changed in the pub but don't have the knackers to ask the landlord, who then get uppity when someone else in the pub actually steps up and says what everyone's thinking

Midtable and two cup semi final spots. More than enough to keep any Everton manager in a job who's not had the benefit of the much vaunted Moshiri cash.

Only the fickle would suggest otherwise. That's the category that you neatly fit into.

With the exception of Chelsea, who are immediately above us in the table, who did we beat in those cup runs that warrants an Everton manager keeping his job. He talks about being unlucky, he was very lucky with the draw in each of the cups.

Sorry dave, I'm sure you're a good guy, but these threads were infinitely more readable without your constant windups and the responses to them.

It's almost impressive the sheer volume of time you've dedicated to winding up fellow Evertonians. 80 posts (with more or less the same content in each, at a glance) since yesterday. Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back