Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still doesn't justify the bullying culture. Who knows they start with Mohshiri Out banners if he decided against pumping money after a while if he sees no return. We might end up like Newcastle then...in a limbo, changing managers with no real objective. He has undone Moyes' good work to a good affect. When sacked, it'll be due to his own deeds such as over optimism and stobburness. Bullying him out is disgraceful. Let the board decide on his fate and fans should protest is proper way which doesn't require bullying and abusing a manager.

I agree that the bullying is disgusting, and the board should be left to deal with it, but he's bought some of it on himself. He blames everything and everyone to suit his situation, including the fans at Goodison, who were supposedly making it hard for his players to perform, when it is obvious most of the players don't want to play for him, and his tactics are woeful.

He's patronisng to the extreme and most Evertonians have seen enough, unfortunately some wear their heart on their sleeve and take it too far.

Wish we were as bad as them.
They're effective, but it's not football. I'd hate to see Everton set up to scab games and kick and rush like them. They are a horrendous team to endure watching. If this was Chelsea, United or arsenal playing this way they'd have been slaughtered.

Lad i'm sure you are not stupid, lets make this simple, so you can take it on board and stop dodging the main issues.

The reason people have had it with the manager, is that we have won 22 league games over 2 seasons. Once you get past that bit, you might come out of that dozy haze you seem to be shrouded in and quit with the guff which you relentlessly pedal on here about peoples views being kopite / geordie behaviour etc etc .

The first season he took a good Moyes side, added a bit more attacking flair and we did very well, however he still didn't get top 4, therefore is not our best ever Prem league finish despite the number of points won. In finishing 4th Moyes had the better season, FACT, like it or not, I suggest you don't and it really winds you up.

You make a claim that the 2 semi's is something to sing and dance about, despite being told numerous times that a cup run is purely dependent on who you draw. So if you want to cling to the stick of beating Dagenham and Carlisle as some amazing feat, by all means carry on, but you only serve to make yourself a bit of a joke figure.

In the last 2 seasons, we have gone seriously backwards with regards to league positions and games won - FACT - no amount of counter arguing negates that fact, you are obviously happy with that, the majority of the people on here are not.

The players are not happy with him, he is the "busted flush" you keep for some reason refer others as.

His record at Wigan in the league has been shown to you, you have absolutely no answer to that, he got them relegated after some very decent seasons in the premier league. All signs show he is going the same way with Everton if allowed to continue.

In the next few weeks he will be gone and hopefully a distant memory in the history of Everton football club, as we move onto bigger and better things under the new owners money. We won't be getting Howe, Hughes or Moyes back so quit with that garbage, you have been told we have a new owner serious about taking Everton places, just embrace it and stop whining about a manager who is soon to be tomorrows chip paper.

We beat Bournemouth and you come out of hiding! the mind boggles as to how you have these views about this manager with all the evidence given to you, hence people actually being torn as to whether you are a fully committed troll or not, which if you are I fear for your sanity.
Seriously, who you wanna convince mate...a zombie?

Martinez's mindset right there. You would rather Everton finish 11th than have martinez change his philosophy?
I'm not arsed about 11th or your paradise of a seventh place trophy. I want to see good football and a cup in the trophy cabinet.

We were close this season.

With the new teams coming up next year usually made favourites for relegation, I wonder how many evertonians would pass up the chance of 10/1 your money on everton relegation if you know who is involved pre season and start of next year. Yes I know it's poor form to bet against team you love, but all I see on here is "if he is involved we will go down next year", a view to which I agree.

Lol 'playing great football'.

What a crock. 450 sideways passes in your own half before losing possession in the final third isn't great football. Conceding a ridiculous amount of goals, blowing winning leads & losing an unbelievable amount of games in the last 15 minutes isn't great football.

Great football is winning matches. You don't win trophies for playing great football. You don't qualify for Europe by playing great football. You don't always stay up by playing great football. And you shouldn't keep your job just because some people claim you play 'great football'.

It's another myth, of many, surrounding Roberto Mythinez.

Do you honestly think that Martinez getting 72 points in his first season makes up for 2 utterly dire seasons in a row.
Even our football has gone backwards, it's not entertaining to watch at all.

Martinez actually stated last week it was a defining week for us and then we got blown away in the Derby and only turned up for the 2nd half in the semi final!
If Martinez actually gets Everton then he surely should have walked away, I mean he isn't desperate for cash when we are paying him 65k per week is he?

I see your point. It was a very 'incredible style' in which he tried to save his job using past highlights and Kendall. I think if he simply just says 'I made some bad calls and I apologize' then fans maybe will be a bit easy on him. He is clinging onto his job atm. Leave it to the board to figure out. His future lies in the hands of the board now.

I agree mate. That's all it would have taken form him a bit of honesty. Hopefully the board look past all the idiots abusing him and make the decision for footballing reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back