Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no swearing please
Koeman would be an improvement. Look where they are in the league. Look at what he's won with other clubs, his experience, the respect he commands.

I'm not disagreeing with you mate. He's a hard [Poor language removed] and I like that. I don't think he'd succumb in the derby. Saying that, at this stage we really have to stop [Poor language removed] around and hire the best. If Koeman is that, I'd back him but if there is other cards on the table, I think we'd be stupid to limit ourselves.

One of the biggest indictments (but not the only) against Martinez this season is that he has been unable to take advantage of this very disarray.

totally agree, he isn't the only 1 in that boat either though you could put a case forward that there are about 18 or 19 of them in there & some of them should've walked the thing with a couple of months to spare.

They have benefitted from massive decisions going their way at crucial stages of games and the fact that the elite in the PL are in disarray.

Hats off to them for taking their chance and not bottling it. But the fact remains they are a terrible, ugly team to behold. They are the opposite of all that's good in football.

and another thing; re the disarray thing I had more than half a feeling about that, I had visions of teams like Chelsea and others winning the old first Div with 55, 56, 57 Pts... Back then if you got 60 -61 Pts and DIDN'T win it you were very unlucky ( except for Leeds, hate them ) being old school I think in old terms, valid enough for the this argument.

So we do the sums

Leicester W22, D 11 that's 55Pts (@2 for a win) and with a 42 game season as was 6 games to come.

Hence;

55 divided by 36 = 1.52777Pts per game X 42games = 64.1 Pts
now call that ugly if you will but I doubt any team or supported of a team would sniff at that.

just sayin like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back