Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Maybe because they have no obligation to make any business they do public? It's not like they're just going to come out and say "Hai guyz, we had a meeting with bobby brown shoes he might be getting sacked, stay tuned!", it doesn't work like that.

End of the season is what I'm told.
Then why not announce it now (just like Celtic) and save Martinez anymore personal insults from the crowd. A decent man, but not a decent manager.

Lost the players, lost the fans. You have to ask what the board are thinking still keeping him on.

The more I think about it the more I think the board are just trying to prevent it look like they were caving to the whims of the fans. But they'll inevitably part ways by mutual consent shortly after the season is over.

It's a 2 way street of course because it looks like acceptance of mediocrity on the boards behalf, as well as seeing things turn even more sour between the fans and the manager.

He should have gone immediately following the semi-final in my opinion, but now sacking him before the season's end may only draw unwanted attention to the club. It also should provide enough time for the media narrative to change and it for to be clear that Martinez does indeed need to go.

Mikey_Fitzgerald I've got to give a quote to you mate. And you probably know it.

Maybe Ghandi or according to Snopes Klein's 1914, who knows it's applicable.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win,"

It doesn't really matter who said it. Don't care what people say about you, forums or otherwise. It doesn't distract from the act. Irrespective of scorn or mockery, those lads made a stand and that in itself is something to be applauded. That will be remembered, everything we type today will be forgotten, unless you're vaulted of course.

Do you know one thing that has always stuck in my mind is when we were giving Moyes stick when he went to Utd, and got the "Sacked in morning" and "Stuck with Moyes Man Utd" choruses at Old Trafford, he met some Evertonian's staying in the same hotel as him and he told them he thought it was a disgrace the way the Everton fans treated him.

He also said something like "We'll see who's laughing last, or they won't be laughing soon" and I always took it as he was talking about Martinez and what we had in front of us with him.

He maybe is laughing last isn't he?...I don't want Moyes back, never, but I always remember what he'd said to those fans in the hotel, Lowry hotel I think it was.

Think Jeff Stelling is an exception rather than the rule. Sunday supplement gave Martinez a really hard time, carragher's interview in the mail, echo's stance...the tide is turning.

Jeff Stelling was just playing devils advocate, to trigger a debate. That's his job.
The media are irrelevant anyway in this instance.

Jeff Stelling was just playing devils advocate, to trigger a debate. That's his job.
The media are irrelevant anyway in this instance.

They are also clueless. In this instance.

Unless they choose to take a peek in here at times.

Think Jeff Stelling is an exception rather than the rule. Sunday supplement gave Martinez a really hard time, carragher's interview in the mail, echo's stance...the tide is turning.

They've took their sweet time getting there though.....should have been calling for his head back in December when we still had time to save our season (and not waste anymore money on Martinez signings)....

That's the million dollar question. I cant think of a valid reason. Its also not fair on Martinez because he is now suffering personal attacks which isn't nice to see, he's just a bloke doin a job at the end of the day.
Normally club would defend their man. Something big going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back