Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
totally agree, he isn't the only 1 in that boat either though you could put a case forward that there are about 18 or 19 of them in there & some of them should've walked the thing with a couple of months to spare.

The Leicester thing is a perfect storm for them, but there is no reason we couldn't have been up there with the likes of West Ham, Soton etc. There is absolutely no excuse.

Still not convinced, Faddy.

Those two guys in particular do not strike me as players overly interested in having an Everton team built around them.

Keep them if we can.....but IMO they, or more specifically their agents, want to move on to pastures new so I would not be hiring or firing managers simply to suit their agenda.

And once they were appeased once, it would become a recurring theme if the next manager, say Pellegrini, was struggling this time next year.

"Get Jose or Simeone or else we are off" :(

I'm starting to get your point. Normally players start acting like tits when they know they don't see themselves playing at a particular club next season. But the two of them have shown good and positive attitudes and haven't declared out and out that they're looking to leave Everton. Lukaku did mention wanting to play CL and that was it. They have remained professional and there hasn't been a falling out with RM either. I just feel if we let them go at once we'll find it really hard to replace them and will end up getting mugged for an avg replacement given Mohshiri's money and their sell fees.

Yeah mate. I'm absolutely 100% sure Joachim Low will want to go from managing the world champions to managing Everton and the prospect of dealing with the height of abuse if he doesn't get 70 to 80 points per season.

If we get a new manager it'll be some no mark Euro boss like De Boer.

Wonderful. A new dawn.

Everton managers have been very handsomely paid for the last 7 years or so, now.

That along with a very talented group of young players, being in the wealthiest and most competitive league and the apparent promise of investment into the squad from Moshiri.

The Everton job is a great prospect and I find it rather sad that you of all people can't see that.

Lost the players, lost the fans. You have to ask what the board are thinking still keeping him on.

...Maybe because they have no obligation to make any business they do public? It's not like they're just going to come out and say "Hai guyz, we had a meeting with bobby brown shoes he might be getting sacked, stay tuned!", it doesn't work like that.

End of the season is what I'm told.

A good sign is the board haven't come out and backed him, even though the media are getting up a head of steam. They would be well out of the traps usually to deny that type of stuff.

Pretty sure 95% of the media are hoping we keep him and waste another season next year....the media hounded Rodgers out of Liverpool long ago, yet Martinez has had a free ride all season (even on Saturday Jeff Stelling on Sky was trying to defend him)...

Everton managers have been very handsomely paid for the last 7 years or so, now.

That along with a very talented group of young players, being in the wealthiest and most competitive league and the apparent promise of investment into the squad from Moshiri.

The Everton job is a great prospect and I find it rather sad that you of all people can't see that.
Yes we need a massive rebuilding programme there is no doubt and I'm sure Moshiri will provide the funds for this. Everton aren't a poor team, just a poorly managed team. Any manager worth his salt would have us top 8 with our current squad and with investment competing for champions league spots next season.

Pretty sure 95% of the media are hoping we keep him and waste another season next year....the media hounded Rodgers out of Liverpool long ago, yet Martinez has had a free ride all season (even on Saturday Jeff Stelling on Sky was trying to defend him)...
Think Jeff Stelling is an exception rather than the rule. Sunday supplement gave Martinez a really hard time, carragher's interview in the mail, echo's stance...the tide is turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back