Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ianefc It's all second guessing. Just like the it being a 'done' deal with the Americans, just like Baines to Man Utd was 'done', just like Martinez had been sacked. I could go on, and on.

Moshiri deal should serve as a reminder to all that Everton is a closed shop now. That, and there is a lot of attention seeking bulbs out there.
That's what I said.

D

Did Mike Walker or Smith reach 5th with a club points record and reach two semi finals?
Reached 5th with a moyes defensive structure and then done away with any defensive work which shows in the decline in our league position.
Your points are Laughable even more now

@ianefc It's all second guessing. Just like the it being a 'done' deal with the Americans, just like Baines to Man Utd was 'done', just like Martinez had been sacked. I could go on, and on.

Moshiri deal should serve as a reminder to all that Everton is a closed shop now. That, and there is a lot of attention seeking bulbs out there.
Just trying to be positive. I agree, but I'll be honest in saying I'm putting huge faith in what the esk says. Huge.

He'll be gone I'm convinced.

"Terrible" - midtable finishes and two cup semi finals do NOT constitute the description "terrible".

This ^^^^ by the way is why I now insist on calling any Martinez successor who has cash to spend a failure if he doesn't get us a CL spot or a cup in his first season.

These standards are with us now, and if people are applying harsh ones to Martinez to get him sacked you can be sure I and others will be holding the next fellers feet to the fire if he falls short having spent ten times more than Roberto.

The new rules are in place and there's no going back now.

Change everton managers quickly from now on until we get a manager who gets success. That is the way forward.

Why is that the benchmark? Why not have a manager capable of pushing for Europa spots, or a manager capable of organising a coherent defence, or a manager capable of being able to compete and God forbid- win a derby, or a manager capable of having a respectable home record, or how about having a manager with some humility and respect towards our fans rightful angst and not palming us off with overused adjectives and trying to make out we play this glorious football with unreal intensity when we really, really don't. I think if a new manager subscribes to this, we will be on the right track.

D

Did Mike Walker or Smith reach 5th with a club points record and reach two semi finals?

Their home records were still better than Martinez's current awful campaign. What are they in common? Finishing 2 seasons in bottom half in a row. And the winning rates are similar. 22 wins in 73 PL matches since August 2014. That's why Martinez is going to get sack.

Up to now you still do not see how Martinez has ruined this football club. Like I said I think you support Martinez more than you support Everton because you just shield whatever Martinez's shortcomings are.

D

What was their home records like? Martinez has just posted the worst home record in the club's history. Amazing, given he reckons he has the best Everton team since the championship winning team in the 80s, and the best young team in europe. His words, not mine.

Oh, and prior Bournemouth

ChM33HnW4AAe8Mt.jpg

D

Everton had been in 25th FA Cup semi finals before the United game. You seem to think this is some sort of sensational achievement reaching a semi. It should be expected. You are symbolic of the last 20 years of underachievement. Swallowed the boards crap hook, line and sinker and now believe a semi final and a decent league finish (3 years ago!) Is worthy of some sort of adulation. You and martinez need putting in a padded room.

I tell you the worst aspect to this assault on Martinez: the way those protesting have fed off and allied themselves to the Echo. A disgusting and shameful alliance if ever there was one.

Theres a lot of people who should hang their heads in shame over the way Martinez is being treated, and that conduct is right up there. Combining with that rag and giving them credibility just because you want a manager gone.

Utterly reprehensible.

The Echo is responsible for being the club's mouthpiece and never challenging anything that ins't fed to them by the club. However, it's surely a statement of how Martinez will go if the Echo is being allowed to print so much anti-Martinez stuff as they have been recently.

That paper still isn't for me but it's a sign of how things have turned sour with Martinez.

It's sad because I truly believed he was the man to bring us silverware and was still convinced it would be this year, but alas it wasn't to be and it's clear we've regressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back