Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez will go elsewhere and make a massive positive impact just as he did here in his first season.

He'll win a trophy somewhere before we ever win one again. You can be sure of that.

Not a major domestic trophy in England he won't.

@ianefc It's all second guessing. Just like the it being a 'done' deal with the Americans, just like Baines to Man Utd was 'done', just like Martinez had been sacked. I could go on, and on.

Moshiri deal should serve as a reminder to all that Everton is a closed shop now. That, and there is a lot of attention seeking bulbs out there.
Is there a reason why when you mention me it doesn't come up in my alerts, off topic I know, but it's the second time I've notice in a couple of weeks by scrolling through the pages as appose getting an alert.

What was their home records like? Martinez has just posted the worst home record in the club's history. Amazing, given he reckons he has the best Everton team since the championship winning team in the 80s, and the best young team in europe. His words, not mine.

Oh, and prior Bournemouth

ChM33HnW4AAe8Mt.jpg
"Home record"? So what? Since when did we start splitting home and away records off from each other? Oh yeah, I remember, since it was declared open season on Martinez.

Only two stats that count and ones that will stand up long after he leaves:

Best PL points total
3rd best win % of any Everton manager

They^^^^ are stats that the new man with far more cash to spend needs to surpass very quickly indeed....or they'll be out quicker than RM.

Of course, it was all Moyes work.

*sigh*
Certainly wasn't the current manager than was keeping clean sheets that season. Openly stated his thoughts or lack of them on our defending. You seem happy with mid table low standards and semi finals of cups.
Will we keep clean sheets next year to allow us to progress if he is still in charge davek?

Their info has come from a former poster on here.... Bluefox if i remember correctly.

People said the same on here when the Americans was a done deal. See;

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 16.39.46.webp

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 16.40.03.webp

A week or so later, Moshiri confirmed his takeover - it was confirmed he was in talks with the club for over a year...

No reason to doubt the actual motivation, I'm sure it's passed on in good faith. The consensus is he is gone after the end of the season - just like the consensus was the Americans was taking over.

You think it's fantastic that a rag like that takes an opportunity to lay into an everton manager before going back to doing the clubs business for them and Liverpool's business for them.

Nice.
Nice deflection technique mate. The only evidence I need is the PL table showing Everton's position. Bottom half is not good enough.

"Home record"? So what? Since when did we start splitting home and away records off from each other? Oh yeah, I remember, since it was declared open season on Martinez.

Best PL points total

They^^^^ are stats that the new man with far more cash to spend needs to surpass very quickly indeed....or they'll be out quicker than RM.

And consecutive bottom half finishes for the first time since?

This ^^^^ by the way is why I now insist on calling any Martinez successor who has cash to spend a failure if he doesn't get us a CL spot or a cup in his first season.

Martinez has had 3 years in the job to convince the fans and board that he is the right man. If 90%+ fans want a new manager, and the board agrees, then I can't see what the problem is, it's an overwhelming consensus.

Anyone new coming in will have a lot of positives to take from Martinez, namely some good young signings. However, to say a cup / top 4 in the first season or the new manager is a failure is just ridiculous. It's about showing promise, making that 90% who don't believe in Martinez believe in the new guy to take us forward.

Best PL points total

What's your source on saying he has the third best win rate?

Sent you a link yesterday saying it was 6th best.

Why is that the benchmark? Why not have a manager capable of pushing for Europa spots, or a manager capable of organising a coherent defence, or a manager capable of being able to compete and God forbid- win a derby, or a manager capable of having a respectable home record, or how about having a manager with some humility and respect towards our fans rightful angst and not palming us off with overused adjectives and trying to make out we play this glorious football with unreal intensity when we really, really don't. I think if a new manager subscribes to this, we will be on the right track.
Because we're getting shut of a manager who got 5th and our PL points record. If a new man coming in can't get a CL spot with vastly more resources they get less time than RM has had.

That is logical.

Believe me mate. If the new manager doesn't get CL footy in two seasons he'll be down the road. The rules of engagement have changed.

Martinez is not fit to lace the boots of Moyes. How many manager of the year awards did Moyes get. Three, yes three. Why? Because he got the most out of what he had to work with. Can anybody seeing the FRaud getting three? Under Moyes we played with heart. Remember him going head to head with Mancici. We all loved it . Passion. Guts. Displayed everything we want from our team. Stayed on a year too long but we were generally proud of our team and how it competed against the money teams. Remember the Stracq against City and CHelsea. If only Bobby could get this squad to play with a fraction of the bottle some of MOyes teams had we would be world beaters. His style is boring, predictable and non productive in terms of results. When were you last proud of everton? CHelsea at home in the quarters probably. And before that? You haven't a clue have you as all you can remember is sideways passing. Hibbert had more bottle in the second half Sat than Bobbys team have had all season.

The FRaud will take us down if he stays. Would you like him in charge of a relagation battle? Can you imagine? Get rid and go to a country where your style has a chance of succeeding

Who could replace him. I will tell you who not to replace him with . It is a shorter list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back